Prayers please, for my friend

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am in complete shock and totally devastated. I just found out that a lady I know from a Canadian chicken forum was found murdered in her home earlier this week. The "alleged perpertrators" are two 14 year old boys who escaped from a youth correction facility and went on a random killing spree. The other victim was a good friend and landlord to my friend. My friend's name was Sue. Please pray for her and her family.

I am just sick about this. I never met Sue in person but when she heard about my upcoming cancer treatment, she reached out to me through a PM on the forum, offering her help in any way she could. She would send me little jokes and things just to cheer me up. Her life wasn't easy, but in the midst of all her own trials and tribulations, she took the time to think of me, a stranger, and try to make my day a little better. I will miss all those little jokes and forever mourn the missed opportunity to really get to know a very special lady.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How horrible, the waste of four lives. I am so sorry to hear about the death of your friend and also her friend. Their families are in my prayers and also a prayer of comfort for you!:hugs

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That's awful, Sheri, the poor women. What goes wrong in a child that they can do things like this?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Sheri, thats HORRIBLE! OF course her family will be in my prayers, and the family of her friend. I just cant fathom what would make a 14 yr old boy, want to murder anyone.
I am also sorry for your loss....I know sometimes a good friend even online, can be a big life booster. :hugs

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your friend.

This world has gone mad.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Her family is in my prayers. My goodness, that is shocking! :(

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Adding my condolences, this truly is horrible. I feel for your friend's family and that of the other lady as well. I'll add them into our groups prayer list.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's awful. Sending prayers to the family as there will be much heartache to deal with.

Did they catch the boys?

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, they caught the boys, but not before it was too late. I am SO angry about this. I rarely ask God why He has allowed something to happen, but I can`t help myself in this case. I know that, somehow, some way, this is all a part of His plan and I do trust in His wisdom, but it all seems so senseless. I`m trying very hard to forgive those boys, because obviously they were very troubled to begin with, or they wouldn`t have been in a correction facility, but it`s not easy. They didn`t give one single thought to the consequences of their actions, to the impact their actions would have on the lives of so many people.