Prepping in the news

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"An increasing number of people say they are getting ready.

More people are getting into the survivalist mode. Ive been in business 30 years, and Ive never sold so many assault rifles as now. The last year was the best weve ever had, said Mel Bernstein, a Class III weapons dealer and owner of Dragon Mans shooting range east of Colorado Springs."

http://www.gazette.com/articles/families-115583-prepping-ammunition.html

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nice article. I have enough family around here I don't even have to ask about where to go or who is "in" thankfully. I'll just make a phone call and load the truck, or go get a couple dozen of them :lol: We have always been pretty "self sufficient" anyway as a rule. I am SO glad I grew up poor sometimes and know how to "rough it" ;) Most of the men in my family hunt and fish and know how to slaughter too. I'm not worried :) We collectively have plenty of gardens, squirrel, possum, coon, deer, turtle, chickens and goats to feed us all around here :D

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great timing!! Now they'll make the reporting mainstream as commodities are rising. HMMM !!! It's rape the unpreppared time!!

BOY THIS RIDE REALLY SUCKS!!!! I hate tipping points and my crystal ball. :(

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do not believe that anyone can tell when the end will come, so I don't worry about that. It is the things that will come before that time and that is what I want to be preapred for.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I do not believe that anyone can tell when the end will come, so I don't worry about that. It is the things that will come before that time and that is what I want to be preapred for.
x2

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great article, WZ, especially the link at the end to the site where you can find like-minded folks in your area. :D Been lookin' for something like this!! Thanks!!!

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Man I wish I owned a gun store the last 2 years or so. Could have afforded a million in gold plus all the guns and ammo I could store. Wouldn't it be nice to have extra money to capitalize on hard times.

Existing home sales are almost exclusively investors buying for 30% below value for investment. Big money there if you have cash on hand. I found it amusing that the store owner said it was superstition. Nothing wrong with being prepared though. Even if the economy is getting better very slowly, it is as fragile as it could possibly get. Just one stupid move by Congress or the Fed, will send it tumbling again. Or stuff in the mid east. Talk about living on pins and needles.

I'd buy a gun if I had the money. Spending the excess on fencing and stuff that might provide food if it gets scarce or too expensive to buy.