Presenting The Bee

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This 1992 Mitsubishi Delica van — right-hand steering wheel — has been repainted by the owner, and is now called “The Bee”. It’s the delivery vehicle for a commercial nursery and market garden that provides the majority of support for three adults and two young children (my neighbors). The Bee is used to make wholesale deliveries to retail outlets in our area.
Bee back.JPG

Canada is not a country where the custom is for drivers to be seated on the right side of a vehicle’s cab or front area. But somehow, the authorities are allowing people to license these Delica vans. (But this one is never driven on a freeway.)

“The Bee” as a name actually fits appropriately with the name of the market-garden business. But I won’t reveal the name of the biz because the owners only want local recognition and generally speaking, being jealous of their day-to-day privacy, want to avoid notoriety.

The wonderful woman who owns the van hand-painted The Bee with spray cans for $40. There are plans in the works for artistically painted bee eyes and wings… we’ll see if that actually happens. Personally, I don't care if it ever happens. The Bee is already quite charming, don’t you agree?
Bee side.JPG

Last edited: