Pressure canning salsa

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Aw :hugs But we really are nuts sometimes. These canning threads...whew...sometimes jars pans and lids go flying all over the place in here :lol:
:lol: I do the same as Moolie. If I want to pressure any combinations I just see what ingredient calls for the longest time and that's how I process it. I still use the old Kerr tomato soup recipe that calls for flour and butter and have never had a problem. I have been doing it this way since 1977. I know that it's not recommended anymore but it has stood the test of time for me.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Aw :hugs But we really are nuts sometimes.
Yup, we're all crazy as loons--makes the place more fun! ;)

Wannabefree said:
These canning threads...whew...sometimes jars pans and lids go flying all over the place in here :lol:
Only when people take things personally :rolleyes:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moolie said:
I didn't take anything personally, was just making a statement. Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

:lol: JK moolie :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
moolie said:
Wannabefree said:
moolie said:
I didn't take anything personally, was just making a statement. Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

:lol: JK moolie :p
LOL!
That made me crack a smile this morning when I REALLY needed one! :lol: I love that we can pick on each other and laugh about it :p :hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry to hear your day hasn't started well, hope it gets better as it goes on :hugs

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Soo... dragging this one out again.... anybody got any recipes that they currently use??
I like a milder salsa, and would rather have mush anyway, so that doesn't bother me. I was thinking it would be nice to do my own because then I can use half pint jars and waste less because we don't go through it super fast.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Soo... dragging this one out again.... anybody got any recipes that they currently use??
I like a milder salsa, and would rather have mush anyway, so that doesn't bother me. I was thinking it would be nice to do my own because then I can use half pint jars and waste less because we don't go through it super fast.
We like a mild salsa and I like this recipe http://www.bernardin.ca/pages/recipe_page/51.php?pid=197 but I only use the dried chipotle peppers, not the cascabel peppers (don't know what those are anyway!)

I've made it twice now, it's always perfect. :)

A big tip for salsa--taste it as you add the chilis/spice and stop when it's a little less hot than you like it, especially if you won't eat it all up quickly (we make enough for a year or so at a time). Salsa "heat" intensifies in storage (we found this out the hard way!)