Price of tomatoes at your local stands

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stopped by a random local stand this afternoon to check some prices.

Tomatoes 3.95 not sure what type no signs but plumpy and red. :) YUM!!
5.99 a quarts for local strawberries. :( Glad I have my own to pick. :)

Curious thanks :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I was complaining about $2.29!!! Then I went and chastised my plants....which are starting to ripen a few here and there, just enough for me to snack on while weeding. :D

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I was at a farmers market this morning and the fella next to us was selling his for $1.50 a pound. They were good sized and looked great! This is in Southwestern Mississippi.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Nothing yet at our market, its still a bit early - I'll check tomorrow, the market is every saturday through September... I stopped a couple of weeks back, but there wasn't anything fresh veggie wise or fruit, all folks had were jams and things like that.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
$3 for a small basket with between 3 and 5 tomatoes depending on size. And they weren't even local.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
$1.29/lb. at the produce market (Florida vine-ripened), and big fat Romas for $0.99/lb.

Wow! :ep I can't believe how much you guys have to pay!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
don't know...in summer unless I am at the market to sell, I don't go. I raise all my own that I want on the farm.

so you got me wondering now :D

next weekend going to hit the market to see my Dad who sells my soaps cause he is bored and wants the job (which I am grateful lol) and will check prices out of curiousity now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I'll have tomatoes coming out of my ears in a couple of weeks since I have 2 dozen plants, but the cilantro is ready to pick way earlier than the tomatoes, so what cha gunna do??? The salsa must flow :gig

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We went to the local farmer's market today. We bought big tomatoes at two for 25 cents! We also bought watermelons for $2, and green beans at 50 cents per pound. We had hoped to buy several different items by the bushel, but nobody had those quantities. The late cool and wet weather, followed almost immediately by a hot drought has really taken a toll on local gardens.