Prices that make you go OUCH!!!!!

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here's a thread so we can complain about the prices keep jumping up on stuff!

I'll start.

AA batteries 20 pack a few weeks ago (I thought I'll wait till next paycheck and get some) were 8.97 now 11.97!

Peanut butter 2 pack of Jiff was 6.69 now over 9.00.

And they make packages smaller but keep the prices up! Sneaky!

Rant on my friends!!! It makes you feel better to get it out!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will sure as heck join the rant, even though there is nothing we can truly do at this point about rising prices! :(

Batteries yikes, I just bought a 36 AA pack for $13.97 at lowes...UGH---why is every little kid toy battery operated! Put me in the poor house, back to basic toys for Nicole, and did ya notice all the old games we never had batteries for are "talking games" etc. now. The new Monopoly game has credit cards...PLEAZZZE!

grocery store--my stupid can of mushrooms (pieces and stems) that Tony loves (I eat fresh)---went from .59 per can to .99---I went to grab some and stopped in my tracks. NO WAY .99 for a midget can of mushrooms, off to Aldis where they were .49 and got 2 cases.

I noticed my hand stops more and more when in the stores. I reach, then read the price and back off....LOL..I have been backing of ALOT more now. But in America most of us (not all) sure do have alot of things so I don't feel bad truly not being about to "buy stuff" like I did.....but when it gets down to feed the family, able to make payments to keep the roof over your head, or keep the heat and lights on, then it gets scary!!!!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I agree! I have been doing the "reach and stop" just like FarmerChick!! Heck anymore I make a bare minimum list and stick to it...NO STRAYING!! LOL

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mushrooms went up really fast! Thanks for the Aldis tip on them FarmerChick! Maybe I'll stop there first Thursday. I try to plot where my stores are lined up so I can save gas when shopping. First the local grocery for sale items, then Big Lots, then Tractor Supply (if I need to go there), and then Walmart. I can fit Aldis in before Big Lots. :)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Dog food- I bought a 40 lb bag for $34- the next time I went to buy it was $34 for 35 lbs. That's nearly a 15% increase after it has been creeping up from $28 over the last year.

Hay is now $22 per 130 lb bale. People are going to local grass hay which does not usually cure well but is now$240 a ton verus imported grass which is $324 per ton.

All dairy products seem to be about 1/3rd higher than lost year. Chicken went from an average $1 per lb to $1.30 per lbs.

But I am hoping that things will be slowing up in increases as gas has dropped a bit.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
then Tractor Supply (if I need to go there)

******AC
a bad thing happened...Tractor Supply just sent me a "save $10 on a $25 purchase"

thanks alot...now I have to go spend $25 to save $10 and only pay $15

of course you know I will use it....see they make ya spend money..LOL

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The "reach and stop"! :lol: I've become very familiar with that move as well lately. My latest reach and stop was for a bag of flour, it was over $5! I looked at my husband and said "I don't think I've ever paid more than $5 for a bag of flour." Then I decided that I didn't need to buy any quite yet. Fortunately on Friday I found a bag for $4.89 so I felt a lot better! It's funny you're all discussing this because after that shopping trip I was remarking that I don't recall ever really starting to grab something in the grocery store and then passing up on it due to the price.

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick I got one of those for $5.00 of a $20.00 or more bag of dog food! It has a coupon for a dog kennel price reduction too but fortunatly I don't need another one of those! But the dog food money off will get me in there on Thursday! And since I'm in there I will end up with chicken food. The can is below the halfway line and the chickens are really pigs with feathers! They eat all day outside and then go in at night and snack all night in the coop! I love my girls though! I go out and sit with them and enjoy the clucking company! Back to TS - I figure to leave at least 40.00 there.

Annmarie 5.00 for flour is awful! They really get you on things you need to have around all the time - sugar, flour, oil, etc.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I just paid 9.99 for a bag of flour today...and I bought it because the price was actually down from 12.99. Rice was 9.99 ( for the big bag) and it used to be 3.99

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Have ya'll noticed the "buy one, get one free" sales are also disappearing? That's when I could really stock up. Alot of the coupons are now $0.55 so retailers won't double them anymore. The only coupons that really come in our Sunday paper are for those airwick air fresheners or something like that that I didn't use in the first place.

Latest posts