Prices that make you go OUCH!!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AttackCat----yes chickens are pigs with feathers...you said it. A ton used to last me 5 weeks, now with the weather cooler I make only 4 weeks. UGH

Punkin----Buy 1 get 1 used to be FAB! Now even those are not the "everyday" products that I buy anymore.....who needs buy one get one on a dog toy or something from the grocery store??LOL

YES YES YES - the good coupons are disappearing and things like air fresheners are there.....why does GLADE make 600 different kinds of air fresheners, like oil, plug in, ones with fans, ones with night lights, the old timey ones, ones with oil scents, etc. etc.....good gravy they should go back to 2 models and STOP cause they drive me insane for some reason..HA HA

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel
how many pounds was that flour?

I paid $1.29 for 5 lbs. to experiment on bread..LOL

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick.. LOL on the Glade airfresheners! Where's all the good coupons?

The big store I frequent for groceries does this buy 10 for $10 and get the 11th item free... and you can mix and match things throughout the store. Well they're still doing this... but the items have gotten cheaper.... so you're not getting as good of a deal as before. used to be $3 and $4 items mixed in w/ a few $2, not it's items that are reguarly priced $1.19 to $1.99 and an occasional $2 something item. So not quite as good a deal as before... but still good if you can combine w/ some coupons.

I believe Glad airfresheners were one of the items this week! LOL! I should've got the coupons and picked some up for stocking stuffers for my brother.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
heatherv said:
FarmerChick.. LOL on the Glade airfresheners! Where's all the good coupons?

The big store I frequent for groceries does this buy 10 for $10 and get the 11th item free... and you can mix and match things throughout the store. Well they're still doing this... but the items have gotten cheaper.... so you're not getting as good of a deal as before. used to be $3 and $4 items mixed in w/ a few $2, not it's items that are reguarly priced $1.19 to $1.99 and an occasional $2 something item. So not quite as good a deal as before... but still good if you can combine w/ some coupons.

I believe Glad airfresheners were one of the items this week! LOL! I should've got the coupons and picked some up for stocking stuffers for my brother.
I haven't seen ten for $10 in a while either. Now it's broken down into 3 for $4, or 5 for 7$. And my favorite Yoplait Yogurt used to be $.50 each. Now it's 5 for $3. Geesh!

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was just going through the local grocery stores sale ad .... it was disappointing. Spaghetti for .77 cents a box and toilet paper (Scott) 1.98 for 4 rolls is all I found.

I loved those buy one get one free sales! You sure don't see them anymore.

I love Yoplait yogurt! It was .53 two weeks ago now its .65. That orange creme is so good! Now I'm hungry! LOL

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The bulk pasta I use to buy for .54 per pound is now $1.10. Pretty much doubled.

The dog food I buy is the same price but the bag is about eight pounds lighter.

The cat food is up to 13.99 from 8.99 and the bag is a pound and a half lighter.

Heck even a bag of ramen noodles is up from .10 to .17. 17 cents is still cheap but it's a 70% increase.

I could go on all afternoon, I just got home from the grocery store.

But for some reason my family just keeps on wanting to eat :idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
But for some reason my family just keeps on wanting to eat

LOL-LOL-LOL
keep them fed, didn't you say you might have to "use" them if times got very hard...LOL-LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I hate grocery shopping because stuff is so high. We paid $2 a jar for peaches, and I bought a case of 12!!! :barnie

edited to reword it in a more polite manner...

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Friskies or 9 Lives cat food cans were .25 before the problem with China Melmine showing up in many of the cat foods. After the poisioning of peoples pets they are now .45 - .50 per can! The store brand of cat food is now.40 per can.

A 32 load bottle of Tide was around $3.50 (on sale) at the beginning of this year. Its regular price now is almost $10.00. I can not quote a sale price because I have yet to see one since the huge increase!

In addition to the big jumps in the regular cost of food, I have noticed that the stores around here do not disount their "close to code" food as much either. I would buy meat to freeze that was close to code and there would be $3 - $5 off sticker on a $10 package of meat. Now I see a $1 - $2 sticker on sthe same size package of meat. They are even using 35 cent stickers on some small packages. Why bother!