Prices! Yikes!!!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I have to go to Walmart about once a month to get things that aren't available or way too high at the local store. Anyway, a month ago Walmarts PB was $4.54 for 40 ozs and yesterday was $5.24. Last month frozen ground turkey was $1.99 for a pound chub and yesterday--$3.12. That is the biggest increase I have seen recently. Wish I had a Sav a lot near me!!!!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
The price of coffee is killing me!! And I need coffee! :caf At least the store brand is still below $10.00 a can.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
prices are jumping up again and will continue to do so. I sure see it in everything I purchase. yikes is right :ep

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's another reason me have started making a lot more stuff from scratch.

Bread making from scratch. Haven't boughten a store loaf in 2 months now. English muffins 3.00 we replaced with homemade biscuits for .20 of stoage goods. Makes 12.
No more store bought gravy. We use to by by the case. Make are own now. No more can bought soups. All homemade. No more store bought snacks. We make our own cookies, bars, and cakes. The feedback I get from my little girl from school is envy. :)

All our meals are from scratch now. Homemade pizza is a money saver big time. for 22.00 we use to get 2 large one topping pizzas. Nope for 22.00 we can make 8 pizzas at home. 1 bag of flour 2.50, 5 lb bag of shredded cheese 16.00, sauce 2.00 large can and 1 topping depends on our leftovers. 88.00 savings in our book. :) Saturday is now pizza night.

1289_friday_night_pizza_night.jpg

S

sunsaver

That ham and mushroom pizza looks awesome! I save a ton of money by cooking stuff from scratch.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I still have to buy the soups as I just don't have the room in my 30 ft. travel trailer for any thing more. I buy so much less from Walmart now. And only what I don't make from scratch. It is just depressing.

Cheerio! I recently switched to Dollar Generals brand "Country Sunrise Blend" from Folgers. At $2.95 a can it is close enough for me! After drinking it for aa week or so I can't tell a difference.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I still have to buy the soups as I just don't have the room in my 30 ft. travel trailer for any thing more. I buy so much less from Walmart now. And only what I don't make from scratch. It is just depressing.

Cheerio! I recently switched to Dollar Generals brand "Country Sunrise Blend" from Folgers. At $2.95 a can it is close enough for me! After drinking it for aa week or so I can't tell a difference.
We don't have Dollar General out here. :( We have Dollar Tree and I have never seen coffee there. What size can is that?

ETA: Just went to DG website. That 10.5 oz can, I'm afraid, wouldn't last a week in my house! But, they have a 33 oz can for 5.95 or a case of 6 for 35.70! That's a deal! And they have free shipping!!

ETA again: I just found out that DG is opening 50 stores in CA!! I just emailed my request for a store here!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yep the DG coffee is pretty good. I get DH Folger's when it's on sale.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Coffee for me is hard. I can only drink decaf, and that's more expensive as it is. I try to find it on sale, but it's not easy.