Propane people....

newmochick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My supplier called me in the summer to see if we needed any. It seems that because the demand was low, the price was low as well. I only use it for a camp stove to cook and can. Just a thougth for those who use it for winter heating -start calling around in the summer for prices and fill it up early???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tab003 said:
I locked in 2.19 for the winter season.
that seems like a decent price...we are 3.299 right now and I only have a 100lb tank so I can't lock in. I am a 'residential' user darn it LOL

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just filled up yesterday,,$2.00/gallon credit,,$1.94/gallon cash price,,I paid cash.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mother switched suppliers and got a deal-$1.79 for a year to switch. better than the $2.50 she was paying thru the first company.

Now me I use natural piped in gas. I am not sure what it is per unit at the moment but the last two years on the coldest months the bill only got to $118. for cooking/heating and water heating. I thought it was super high till I started reading what folks around the country have to pay. Oh and my poor house is over 100 years old, and we do not heat the upstairs.. we only sleep up there and I have plenty of quilts and blankets!
Now is the propane that you put in the BBQ the same as what others use in the big tanks? Hubs is going to take our two tanks down and have them topped off as the local lumber yard only charges $14.99 to fill the little tanks(maybe 20lbs?) and that is pretty good around here as to exchange them is $19.99 to $24.99.