Prophecy 2012 Inca, Egyptian, Mayan, and Aztec... End of the world?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
As the time approaches, there is a buzz filling the air about predictions of the end of the world by many different cultures, from many different times and parts of the world.

Is there some truth about December 21, 2012 and the end of the world?

http://www.december212012.com/

http://www.2012warning.com/mayan-inca-aztec-egyptian-prophecy-2012.htm

I wondered in a drunken state of mind, New Years Eve 1999, if the world might end in just a few minutes. Other than my hangover, they world remained in pretty good condition.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2012 is just stupid to me.

I give none of this any interest in my life truly.

if it happens, oops, I was wrong....:lol:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I don't think it's true at all. But that doesn't mean I am not going to see the movie that comes out Nov 13. I am a HUGE fan of disaster movies.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My DH says there is NO WAY anything is going to happen in 2012 JUST because everyone says SOMETHING is going to happen! He doesn't think God would let that many people be right!

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We use to talk about this quite often in many of my anthro classes. The exact idea of 'end of the world' for the MesoAmericans is probably not what it means for Europeans. The Mayan calendar is complex and has many eras. Each one was a period of 'rebirth' not complete destruction and the end of all things. It could be interpretated as a start of a new era, a rebirth. Besides, the calendar is based on ancient astrology. I don't think it is that reliable.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My theory (stress on my theory because this is totally my opinion/hypothesis, etc, but I've no way to prove it or proof) is that the reason the Myan calendar ends on 12-21-2012 is because God wiped them out before they could finish. :p

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't happen that way. I'm looking forward to driving some of the empty cars when rapture comes. Is that legal?

Whole thing sounds pretty silly. At least y2k had sound technological reasoning behind it and would have been a problem if a lot of reprogramming had not been done to prevent it.

I'm thinking we'll all get eaten by lizards from another planet.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My theory-They all knew that the majority of us would have internet access by then, so the didn't bother with finishing the calendar-they figured we'd just get it on the internet.:plbb

Latest posts