Pumpkin bread: moved from Journal section ;)

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Preheat oven to 350

Mix in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth:

3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pumpkin puree (I think any winter squash or even sweet potato would work here)
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (think I might try substituting molasses sometime and see what happens)
1/2 cup orange juice

Pour into two large greased loaf pans, bake about an hour.

IMG_0118-1.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing! I will have to try this...don't know when though..I am so behind on baking anything LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will make this. printed out the recipe. thanks. I bet it is wonderful smelling while baking.

I fooled Tony the other day. I microwave a cup of water real hot, then sprinkle in cinnamon and let it steep in the kitchen and kinda use that as an air freshner some days. I love the smell, the whole house just is delish..LOL

but he walked in and his face lit up, he was beaming, OK..what is it, what is it, cinnamon buns?, cinnamon bread?, apple pie cinnamon crisp?,,what what what.....LOL...I told him it was nothing that good......oh he was deflated fast..HA HA

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay add some penuche frosting and a cup of coffee and I am so there! Sound really good, I love to use pumpkin in baked goods. I just found a recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies I thought we would try soon.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This looks like a yummy recipe. It is a little different than the one I use. I will definately give it a try, thanks for sharing!