PVC Trellis as of Yesterday April 29, 2010

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some of you may remember last year, I built a trellis out of PVC pipe in the front yard. The plan is... that the PVC pipe will be covered by vines at some point this year. The vines I have growing at the base will have both blue and pink trumpet type flowers. Anyhow, that is "the plan", we will see how it turns out.

Here is how it looked yesterday afternoon.
42810FromDrivewayemail.jpg

Very soon the Nasturshims will be gone. The weatherman says next week we are to be in the low 90's here!! Nasturshims don't like it that hot!! Not sure what to plant in their place.. maybe Sweet Williams, or Marigolds?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
*sigh* I'm soooo jealous! I wanted something like that (path, flowers, rocks vines, etc) on this particular spot near the garage, but alas, it will now be home to the woodshed and who knows what. So I will stare longingly at yours and smile!!! :love

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
How pretty! :love Do you have to add anything to the PVC to get the vines to stick to it?
I use Raffia to tie the vines to the PVC... I have thought of drilling holes through the PVC and using plastic coated wire put through the holes... but, I have never got around to dragging out the ladder, extension cord, and the drill to do it.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That looks so pretty! I just want to want through that gate.