PVC Trellis

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I was wondering how it would look painted brown or green, too.

Great idea, though! I made a chicken tractor out of PVC pipe, but your idea is way better.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
davaroo said:
Very nice arch. One of the strongest building constructs known to man, you know.
I love how it grew up. I find the look of raw PVC a bit stark for my tastes. You may wish to soften it by painting the raw PVC black or dark brown in the future.
Here in the desert, I fear if I were to paint it black or brown, it would absorb too much heat from our blasting sun in the summertime. I bought a couple of Mandeville vines that I am hoping will put a heaver type of covering on the PVC and chicken wire.

This has been a weird year for us. The rainfull is about half what we should have by this time. I have to water daily, some times twice daily for some of the plants. I hope next year is better.

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
davaroo said:
Very nice arch. One of the strongest building constructs known to man, you know.
I love how it grew up. I find the look of raw PVC a bit stark for my tastes. You may wish to soften it by painting the raw PVC black or dark brown in the future.
Here in the desert, I fear if I were to paint it black or brown, it would absorb too much heat from our blasting sun in the summertime. I bought a couple of Mandeville vines that I am hoping will put a heaver type of covering on the PVC and chicken wire.

This has been a weird year for us. The rainfull is about half what we should have by this time. I have to water daily, some times twice daily for some of the plants. I hope next year is better.
Of course there are tans and other earth tones, too, which may be more in keeping with your particular landscape. But, you only need it painted until the vines cover it, anyway.

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
No, a few months ago I put in artificial grass. Which I got for FREE by calling a company to see if they had any scrap pieces. My front walk used to be flagstone and dichondra. But our water bills were getting just to high to keep the dichondra green.

Here is how it looked a couple summers ago with a Sunflower and Morning Glory Arch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Sept302007Archemail.jpg
Im wondering how you keep it from moving laterally, with the single PVC arch. Or is that not a problem?