Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
SIX? :th Oh, girl, you are gonna have some fun now! :lol: You will have a hard time giving up those little boogers. Maybe you could do some basic commands and herding commands with them, get them started and advertise them as livestock dogs.....you should be able to fit that into your lazy schedule! ;) :D :lol:

Anyway, they will be very well-trained around chickens and there are always folks on BYC looking for LGD for their chickens....worth a thought when it comes time to find homes for them. :thumbsup

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm trying to upload some pics, but my camera program is giving me some issues...give me a few minutes! :p

In other news, I'm selling Speckled Sussex eggs like crazy!! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh my, babies babies everywhere! Hopefully I will be in the same boat in a couple of weeks....we're hoping Maggie is preggers! Don't you just love puppies!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We had a bit of chaos this morning, more like a bit of an upset, so I didn't get the pictures uploaded yet. In fact, I rather suddenly logged off the internet and didn't finish what I wanted to do.

The pictures will have to wait until this evening. I only popped online to check on egg sales.

The cat apparantly wasn't in labor, and as of yet, no kittens. I had one rabbit have her kits, but it wasn't a buff, it was my black and white. She had 3 babies, and she ate two of them. The third one seems to be fine, and is nestled in a bunch of it's mama's hair. I'm not happy with this Doe, as this is the second litter she's had and she's eaten kits both times. If she raises the remaining kit, who's very lively, then when it is weaned, both baby and mama will be heading to the auction. I have no use for a doe who won't raise their young...course I could eat mama and baby........... hmmm

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm with you, Aly! We always culled does who ate them or dropped them on the wire after the first birthing.....a new doe might drop them on the wire the first time, but after that she is considered not a good mama.

Eating them sounds good, also! :p