Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I think what my inlaws tried to pull was just a negative blimp on the map of our life and we're not to dwell on it, or give it reference if at all possible, because it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect or change God's plan, or will, for us and where He is taking our farm.
To Southwick, MA? :ya

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
I think what my inlaws tried to pull was just a negative blimp on the map of our life and we're not to dwell on it, or give it reference if at all possible, because it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect or change God's plan, or will, for us and where He is taking our farm.
To Southwick, MA? :ya
:gig You don't give up, do ya? :lol:

Let me clarify, I mean where He is taking our farm as in growth, not direction. :lol:

Course, He might just send us in another direction, or to Southwick, Ma.

I'll let you know when He tells me. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I admire your strength and fortitude...and your faith! :)

The Large Blacks are a great breed. Be careful of your breeder and the bloodlines....I think they tend to get a little inbred when they try to preserve a breed that is this small in numbers. My sis paid big money for her breeding pair and most of the piglets were great, but one was born without back hooves! It was really sad. I don't know how common this is with pigs, but birth defects or deformities of this nature usually mean some inbreeding.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
"I'm the animal lover here, but it's my husband all the critters warm up to. What's wrong with this picture???" = Absolutely NOTHING! :thumbsup

He is just a good man and the animals ... AND you know it! It would be hard to be as animal crazed as we all are without your SO being very tolerant and animal loving too. :love

Long live those who love us and keep us - through parvo and colic, through hatchings and birthings, through chickens and pigs, through foundlings and wildlings ... as long as we both shall live. :love :hugs :love

Wow I think I just wrote some wedding vows! :lol: :gig

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, just catching up with you. If it isn't one thing it's another. You continue in my prayers.

The progress on the animals and garden sounds great. New pen and gate are looking very good.

Glad you have a surgery date. Let me know what I can do for you and the kids during that time.

If you need a day out, Resham and I are heading to the Danville Swap this Friday. I really DON'T need anything new, but it is always fun to look and hang out with friends. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Hey, just catching up with you. If it isn't one thing it's another. You continue in my prayers.

The progress on the animals and garden sounds great. New pen and gate are looking very good.

Glad you have a surgery date. Let me know what I can do for you and the kids during that time.

If you need a day out, Resham and I are heading to the Danville Swap this Friday. I really DON'T need anything new, but it is always fun to look and hang out with friends. :)
PLEASE?!!!!!!!! COME AND GET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to take the baby, though, I'm sure.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
"I'm the animal lover here, but it's my husband all the critters warm up to. What's wrong with this picture???" = Absolutely NOTHING! :thumbsup

He is just a good man and the animals ... AND you know it! It would be hard to be as animal crazed as we all are without your SO being very tolerant and animal loving too. :love

Long live those who love us and keep us - through parvo and colic, through hatchings and birthings, through chickens and pigs, through foundlings and wildlings ... as long as we both shall live. :love :hugs :love

Wow I think I just wrote some wedding vows! :lol: :gig
Those are great!!! We've been thinking about renewing our wedding vows for our anniversary this year....I think I will have to use that! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Quail, you have have a great spirit and I really admire that :)

I know first hand how tough it can be to keep your chin up when everything seems to be going in the wrong direction, but you handle life's twists and turns very well!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Dace said:
Quail, you have have a great spirit and I really admire that :)

I know first hand how tough it can be to keep your chin up when everything seems to be going in the wrong direction, but you handle life's twists and turns very well!
Thank you, Dace. It's been an emotional roller coaster, I'll sure say that! lol