Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
she wanted to cremate the puppy. Oh my, wonder where she came up with that one.

yea I had a few burials in my time also....nice to send them off properly for that little closure.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
HUGS for your DD!!! That is awful!! I hope your DH can find her another puppy!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How sad for you DD and the little puppy, so sorry. Good call on the disinfection process, hope it was just an ailment specific to that puppy. What a shock! Hope all else goes well today, take care....Tina/tfpets

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
DH found a puppy. It's a golden retriever black lab mixed pup. DH said the people they talked to had two puppies left. Both are girls. Both are solid black. He asked DD if she wants to go see them and she said yes, and he told them we will be there after 5 pm to see the puppies. They said that works for them so, we might be bringing one home tonight for her. She asked if she can take her money along and stop at the store and buy a toy for the new puppy.

She also asked if she could keep one of Shadows toys to remember him. It was a little stuffed puppy. So, I lysoled it and it is in the wash now...with hot water....and I told her to NOT let the new puppy have it no matter what.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I am freezing!

It's supposed to get down to -10 tonight with the windchill. We closed the chickerdoodles in early and moved the ducks from the duck shed into the more enclosed layer coop. The chickens didn't mind one bit. Ducks are freaked out.

Maggie only has a plastic dog box and I was worried about her freezing tonight so we moved her to the fenced in duck shed with hay and kibbles. I am worried about her trying to get through the fence and into the neighboring chicken pen. I hope she doesn't. If she does, I might have dead chickerdoodles by morning...hmmm thinking I'll go out and move her back to the box and just put in extra hay....I dunno. She won't come in the house. She hates it inside.

I am sick and tired of breaking ice off the water barrels to water the birds. I am tired of thawing waterers out so I can give them a drink. I am tired of freezing my patootie off just to go outside and get firewood.

Is it spring yet? :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I am so behind!

Normally I have all my Christmas stuff DONE by December 1 right down to having it wrapped and hid. NO stress in December for me and I can sit back and let everyone else run around trying to get their Christmas done.

Last night I was one of the late shoppers. :rolleyes: I JUST got my husband his gift last night. He thinks he is only getting 1 present. He is actually getting THREE! He hasn't seen the second package under the tree yet, and the other package has a gift wrapped inside another gift.

I'd tell you now what I got him, but I don't know that he won't be reading over my shoulder later, so I'll tell ya'll after tomorrow. :lol: But I will say this, I am so excited about what I got my husband, because it is something he has wanted for awhile. I cannot wait to see him open his gift!! It's going to be torture waiting for the kids to get done with their presents!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haha Christmas anticipation...gotta love it, eh? Dh already got his gift here...but I love watching the kids open thiers.
Dh bought me a sewing machine for Christmas but it won't be here until Jan 2...I can't wait to get back to sewing!
Have a Blessed Christmas Quail!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aly, must watch all your animals at midnight on Christmas eve to see the miracle of Christmas....if they all start talking you must tell us! ;) We bring the dogs and cats in by the fire on Christmas eve, but all they do is groan loudly and stretch out by the stove, jump up and follow us to the kitchen each time we go or dream about rabbits in their sleep and start chasing them......no miracles there, except the family being together for this special night. I guess that's enough of a miracle for me! Merry Christmas, girl! :D