Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
How many ferrets will this make now?
How can someone have a ferret and starve it to death? Then tell you that they did??

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Don't Worry, Be Happy
From the Movie "Cocktails"
Performed by Bobby McFerrin

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok Dac! Thanks...LOL but you forgot to put in there....

do do do do da doodle loo do da doodle do do do do do dooooooo Don't worry be happy do do do do da doodle loo do da doodle do do do do do dooooooo

Yup, my mom worked for a radio station when I was 10. The radio dj was named Bear and this was his favorite song.

Now it's running through my head! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the new puppy died too?
oh my goodness......take a break! no pups for a bit. it isn't worth the trauma to DD....or you!

concentrate on helping the new ferret and maybe give it to DD right now as her project to handle.

some days it just PURES heavy rain on us.....but the sun will shine again and all happy days will come back. hang in there! :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Popping in to check on you and your family QA! Sending out prayers for you because you, your family, and mother and sister have been under major attack!
Please pop in and let us know how you are doing if you can!! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I am feeling much better.

Nope, no new pups for awhile. We still have 2 dogs, our 7 year old heeler and our 5 year old yorkie. They've not shown any signs of being sick.

What I did find out is that the pup was sick before we got her. So this wasn't our fault. Dog Warden showed no remorse either and informed us that most of the pups from that litter died! :th

Anyhoo....new ferret is here. His name is Tiko. His cagemate starved to death because they were not being properly cared for. He is on the thin side as well and I think he would be dead himself in a few days if I didn't take him in. He got a bowlful of kibbles, which he devoured, and drank some water, I gave him a bit of vitamins, and now he is sleeping. He's a very active boy for one who's been hungry.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you are feeling better! That is awful that the dog warden would knowingly give you a bad puppy especially knowing that it was for a child!! :rolleyes:
Glad to hear the new ferret is in your care and perking up quickly!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Got a good start to the new year. The boys' bedroom is all clean, organized, and I managed to get rid of half their clothes! WOOT! My cousin who has 7 kids is getting the clothes. She has 4 boys all 5 and under so I think they will all fit her little ones.

Then someone gave me three bags of clothes. I went through that and only selected 4-5 outfits per kid to keep and am passing the rest of those on to my cousin as well. Her mom is supposed to be coming to pick up the clothes.

Baked homemade muffins this morning. Had more mixed than the family could eat, so I thought I'd give the chickerdoodles muffins for breakfast. With their scratch of course. They went wild for it! Monroe was beating everyone off the muffins LOL it was too funny.

Was going to go down to the store to buy more scratch grains, but one they are closed until tomorrow and two, my mom bought all they had!! They are getting a new shipment in tomorrow so hopefully they will have it in when we go down to pick up the two bags of feed for the goats.

Today I am cleaning ferret cages and the livingroom and hopefully finishing my bedroom up and then the house should be nice and clean for the new year. Until Spring Cleaning that is.

The dog warden is in deep doo doo! One of the humane Society ladies adopted a pup from him, from the same litter as our pup we lost. That pup died from parvo! So they did some investigating and found that the dog warden first KNEW they had parvo and that he has been sending out pups with parvo quite frequently! The Humane Society has stepped in and shut down the pound and the warden is out of a job. They are also refunding the adoption fees and any vet costs to the people who got a puppy. We won't be getting a refund since he gave us the puppy, but he is still in a lot of trouble!

My step dad has to go for a colonoscopy and another friend of mine is waiting on biopsy results. I am hoping both turn out to not have cancer.

Hope the rest of ya'll are having a wonderful New Year!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
QA

I believe that you are a good and kind spirited person.

My mother used to say that god would never give a burden to someone that could not bear it...I think that acts of giving and kindness lift our own spirits as well.

I am sorry to hear of all the loss in your lives, but glad that you will be able to be a part of making things right for others by having the Warden face the consequences. And thank you for your care of the other little creatures also...some pets need advocates when they are being mistreated.

Tina/tfpets

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
QA that is awesome that the Humane Society stepped in and shut down the dog warden!!!

So how many animals are you up to now???