Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi Denim Deb!
I don't really like posting from my phone but it's all I have for now.
Woke up to a thunderstorm and wasn't looking forward to going out in it.

Guess I should give a quick update on the going ons here. Lol

I still have chickens. Not sure on numbers, but I have a few and in several pens. We just acquired a young flock of Royal Palm turkeys. I have a pair if Pilgrim geese, a lot of ducks, and 10 Toulouse goslings in the garage brooder. (Oh yea we have built a large 2 1/2 car garage. Dh said it would never be used for brooding chicks or have chickens in it.....ahem...)

I have 2 jersey Shorthorn dairy crosses. One bull calf and the other is a heifer - Chief and Tink. Chief is for the freezer and Tink is the future milker. Just got 2 hair sheep, Jovie an ewe and Peanut Butter ram lamb. Different breeds but both hair sheep. And I am in the works if getting a start of Jacob Sheep.

Last night we delivered some maple saplings we had sold and picked up 2 rabbit hutches for our meat rabbits. The rabbits were free :) and we bartered for the rabbit hutches.

Today we hope to work on fencing and I have some berries to make into jam.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Do you have a car in the garage, or is it just for animals? :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Um yea there is a car in there lol on one side ...

We did get most of the birds moved out today. One trio of bantams, the goslings, and ducklings are still in there.

We also got about half of the fencing done. Hope to finish tomorrow. And my rabbit had her babies.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I have 13 new chicks :) My mom had ordered 2 Homesteader's Delight from McMurray. She wasn't that interested in having more chicks but wanted the goslings. I kept 13 of the 20 chicks and Mom kept the 4 turkeys, ducklings, goslings, and 7 chicks. In my chicks I have 2 Cochins, a black jersey giant or two, and the rest are either black Australorps or black orps. Had a lovely visit with my mom today and really enjoyed playing with chicks with her.

We worked on fencing for the coming sheep today, tilled up 2 gardens, mowed, weeded around my blueberry bushes, and played with the kids.

I am dirty and exhausted and am not done for the night. I have some Berries to make into jam before bed. Plan to get that done right after my shower.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ah no I didn't. I ended up going to bed. Raspberry and Blackberry jam was what I was working on.

Spent this morning at Lowes pricing materials to dress up the front porch. I want to close it off with some trellis and plant some flowers in front, put up railing, and a front walk. Working on our curb appeal.

Waiting on a customer right now that wants cherry trees and tulip poplar.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That sounds like it will look real nice.