Question about cheese presses- I bought a cheese press!!!

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Ok, I went ahead and bought the cheese press instead of buying a cider press. I am a little concerned about getting the weights and psi right with the cheese so I felt it would be a better investment. It came in today and is awesome! We are going to build the cider press. I have plenty of welding experience so any metal bits can be easily made. DF has some wood working experience. I may not be making apple cider first though, we have a garbage bag full of pears at home that need something done with them. Pear juice and pear jelly?

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hee hee hee..um.. ok here is how to do it on the cheap:

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2010/09/cutting-cheesecurds.html

and no -- there aint nothin' i cant do with kitty litter buckets! ha!

but post pix of your press in action - would love to see!
:)
:lol: I will have to get some pictures. My cheese press set me back 90$ :th but I feel it will be worth it in the long run. I am having a hard time finding a raw milk supplier but I have found some recipes for using store bought whole milk (last resort).

Alot of what I'm doing right now is going ahead and saving up and preparing for the day we get our farm. Alot of the stuff I wanna do just can't be done in the city.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
great work!! getting all the tools lined up now is a great strategy!

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
great work!! getting all the tools lined up now is a great strategy!

Yup. We already have EVERYTHING for a house except for a couch and dining room table! Pots, pans, towels, everything eles we got! We've been saving it up for the last three years. It made making a wedding registrey difficult LOL!