Question for the ladies on here

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
THe question I have is how healthy is it to stop having a period, to take hormones to stop it?

I just haven't ever thought that was a good idea, messing with mother nature, no matter how convenient it might be. I prefer to let my body run natural! :lol:
I would say it's just fine..... I mean you won't be having one for the last part of your life anyway.

And if you are VERY fertile (like me) I'd say it was a lot healthier than having 8 kids. I've always used two forms of BC and this is the 2nd time it's failed me.(3rd kid though)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Depo is very hard on the body, and there are plenty of other methods.
It is....I was recently told how it deprives you of calcium, so had to take a supplement. I'm hoping now between stopping the shot, taking Kefir, and upping my dairy, that I can stop with the supp.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The Wife has passed through menopause, and the meds I take after my heart attack do a right fine job of killing my libido.

I tell our friends that I am shooting blanks at a non-existent target.

That's about as good a birth control as you can get. :gig

laura0812

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
If you really want to have a birth control that will not give you the side effects, then you should be considering the natural method. You should be very strict in following the cycle if you do not want to have an unplanned pregnancy. My thoughts.

online pokie

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't know laura......people who use that method are called parents aren't they?;)