Question for the ladies on here

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I never found diaphragm to be messy or difficult. It just takes a little preplanning. Many times I would put it in but it never got used as the mood did not strike.

You might understand your cycles better if you do a chart, do the temp check thing and all the other stuff that goes along with it.

I forget what the risk is with a diaphragm. I think they are rated something like 95 percent effective where condoms are 98.

Really, the best option for healt is for a vasectemy but you got to have a willing guy and all the kids you want already.

They have a new IUD out that is suppose to be pretty good and smaller than the old models. You might look into that. I tried to get on once but it hurt too much trying to put it in so I made them stop, but they say it doesn't hurt most women like that.

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We used vcf with a condom for about a year with a lot of success. I am on the shot now and have actually noticed my libido has increased. I haven't had any problems with it at all. Much better than BCP.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm facing the same issues....trying to get my libido back and get off the pill. Hubby says he is willing to go under the knife but we just don't have the spare time for the surgery right now. So we are using condoms.....yuck. Can I just say that I got a variety pack and hubby put one on last night and it was W-E-I-R-D. I kept laughing cause it felt so funny. He had to get up and read the package to see what the heck it was......extra ribbed. It felt all nubbly..... :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I'm facing the same issues....trying to get my libido back and get off the pill. Hubby says he is willing to go under the knife but we just don't have the spare time for the surgery right now. So we are using condoms.....yuck. Can I just say that I got a variety pack and hubby put one on last night and it was W-E-I-R-D. I kept laughing cause it felt so funny. He had to get up and read the package to see what the heck it was......extra ribbed. It felt all nubbly..... :lol:
:gig My hubby got some or one that said for her pleasure... it felt HOT to me and I hated it, I couldn't figure out what the heck the problem was till afterwards. I was not amused! :rant

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After no.3 I had the surgery and it HURT!!! I was sorer from the little bitty incision than I was from having a kid. Since then I have started having really bad cramps that time of the month. I never had cramps before.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rebecca100, I had my tubes tied with my last c section. I have terrible pain now when I ovulate on the right side. The doc keeps telling me it must be scar tissue. I told her she must not have done a good job stitching. :somad

Lori you are too funny!!!

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks, I try....my friend had problems with her blood pressure and her ob took her off the pill and she hasn't had any problems since. Her hubby got a vasectomy and she says her libido has gone crazy. I think it's a combo of not worrying due to the surgery and not being on the pill.

How long after you go off the pill does it take for it to fully get out of your system? I haven't had a period yet since I stopped taking it but should be getting close. It's only been around a month.

I keep telling hubby that its not gonna happen overnight :rolleyes:

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think worrying about getting preg. kills alot of libido. Probably why the shot has helped me. I tryed NFP for awhile and lost a lot of libido.
I'd say it was close to 6 months for my libido to come back. May vary though.

Latest posts