quick easy dinner - pulled pork and cheese burritos

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I make this whenever I've got pulled pork (or leftover roast pork) around and I am short of time or energy to cook. It is really pretty good with a big salad alongside.

Quantities totally negotiable :p (e.t.a. - I use 'plain' pulled pork in this, the kind that is more or less without a sauce, just cooked in vinegar-garlic water or lightly-flavored water, not the kind cooked in actual bbq sauce)

Grease the inside of a casserole or baking pan with pork fat (leftover from cooking the pork, or cut off the leftover roast and smeared onto the casserole). Use a good bit of it, as it really makes a difference. You can substitute chicken fat or butter but it won't be quite as good.

Take a tortilla (I use 6" whole-wheat tortillas, about 13g net carb each fwiw, and usually eat two of them plus a big salad if I'm having this for dinner)

Put "a bunch but not so much you can't roll the thing up" of pulled or cut-up pork into the tortilla, and also some shredded cheese. The cheese for the inside of the burritos can be cheap cheese if necessary.

Roll it up and line a bunch of 'em up in the greased casserole.

Top generously with shredded mozzarella or a mix of mozzarella and some other good melting cheese.

Bake at whatever temperature is handy until the inside is cooked -- for me, starting with refrigerated pork and cheese inside 6" tortillas, it is usually about 10-ish min at 400ish degrees

It ain't gourmet but it is GOOD (the bottoms of the tortillas sort of fry in the porkfat you've greased the dish with) and easy and uses stuff you have lying around anyhow.

Pat

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this!

Pork for pulled pork is one of the more affordable meats I can get, but there's always so MUCH of it! I usually buy about 7 pound roasts.

Very similar to my chicken enchiladas but without the messiest step -- dipping the tortillas in sauce before filling. I like "sorta-fried" tortilla shells too -- a lot!

I'll have to try this the next time I make pork. Thanks!!!