quick question

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
After I've cooked the fire out of my turkey neck, can I feed it to the dogs?

I NEVER give my dogs bones, but was thinking it would be so soft by that time it'd be ok.

what do ya'll think?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yup, I threw it to my dogs sometimes also.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I give it to my chickens, but you can check to see if the bones are soft enough by using a potato masher on it.

I would give it raw, no problem, to a big dog. My little dogs don't chew neck bones and I had one get a bit stuck once. Should be fine for big dogs. I feed my pooches raw chicken wings.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The only time I ever give our big beast any type of bone is the neck of the turkey, our little ones do not get any they get some of the organs.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok, this has nothin' to do with nothin' but I just had to share.

I came to this group via BYC site. I talk about ya'll to my husband all the time.

We were just in the kitchen talkin' and he referred to ya'll as "your chicken people". :lol:

I thought that was so funny!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I get teased all the time in the same way by my family..... :rolleyes: Even their girlfriends laugh at me being on my "chicken forum".... :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually refer to you all as my friends on the "farm" forum. Or "garden forum" depending on who I am talking with. Some people don't get the SS thing.

gina

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
My DH does the same thing. Sometimes he refers to you all as my computer canning buddies, or my computer chicken people.

When I run into a canning problem or a garden issue, he will ask me "Well, have you ask your computer garden folks yet".

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I too give the neck to the big dogs, we have two labs outside so I break it in half, then my little house dogs get the innards.

Fun, I also talk about all of you to DH and friends, your right Tankshill some people just don't get the SS thing,but they love the info I share.