quickie (recyclable!) killing cone for processing broiler chickens

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pat, I have one made from a 2 gal. bleach jug that is very sturdy. It held my big, grey roo~approx. small turkey size! Just the right size and washable, if needed, though I got no blood on the cone itself.

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Traffic cones can also serve as a more permanent killing device, once cut to the appropriate dimensions.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
davaroo said:
Traffic cones can also serve as a more permanent killing device, once cut to the appropriate dimensions.
Heh, if we owned a full-sized traffic cone, my boys (age 5 and 2) would kill ME if I did anything unauthorized like cutting the end off. They LIVE for toys like that. The older one keeps looking in the ditches as we drive past construction sites, hoping to find a 'roadkilled' cone that he thinks he would be able to persuade me we could take home :p

Pat

davaroo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
davaroo said:
Heh, if we owned a full-sized traffic cone, my boys (age 5 and 2) would kill ME if I did anything unauthorized like cutting the end off. They LIVE for toys like that. The older one keeps looking in the ditches as we drive past construction sites, hoping to find a 'roadkilled' cone that he thinks he would be able to persuade me we could take home :p

Pat
Of course, Pat, you could remind him that its the cone - or no chicken dinner.

Another alternative would be to just snag TWO off the road - one for him and one for the abattoir.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had thought of using Pats idea (and it's a great one too) but instead I splurged and bought a nice shiney metal one from Berry Hill..