Rabbit in chicken coop?

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wouldn’t a rabbit chew things in the chicken coop? Like even the coop itself? I’ve looked into doing this before, and it always seemed like people had bad experiences with it, so I scrapped the idea. It would be nice if it could work though.

They also talked about the holes that a rabbit would dig all over. Well my chickens make plenty of craters themselves, but I guess rabbit holes are worse.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wouldn’t a rabbit chew things in the chicken coop? Like even the coop itself? I’ve looked into doing this before, and it always seemed like people had bad experiences with it, so I scrapped the idea. It would be nice if it could work though.

They also talked about the holes that a rabbit would dig all over. Well my chickens make plenty of craters themselves, but I guess rabbit holes are worse.
I can see this happening. You might have to, depending on the size of your run, wrap the bottom of the run in wire, so nothing can dig under to through it. That is what wee do, it is great to protect the birds as well! For chewing, maybe you can just spray pick-no-more on the coop and that won't happen! Just need to give the rabbit some real things to chew on!

Fuchsia

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have never put my rabbits in with my chickens but I think they would be okay, we put our baby goat in there sometimes and the chickens are good and the goat doesn’t mind, I know your not thinking of putting a goat in their but that just came to my mind.

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is there anywhere else for the cat to live? I feel like with it living with the chickens in th first place, if it can't get out to hunt, will be very temped to attack a chicken. Especially if it gets bored.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have never put my rabbits in with my chickens but I think they would be okay, we put our baby goat in there sometimes and the chickens are good and the goat doesn’t mind, I know your not thinking of putting a goat in their but that just came to my mind.
Gosh... maybe I need another goat? 🤣🤣 I have two 8 year old nigerian dwarf wethers that keep brush down on a hillside.

Last edited:

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
She's in my house most of the time! She is very spoiled! She is leash trained, crate trained, rides great in the car, knows sit, down, come, and some tricks. 🤣 She is loose outdoors during parts of the day and hunts then. Depends on her mood and the weather. She has the best of both worlds. 😍
That is so cute! Is this the cat that is in with the chickens?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201016-193316_Firefox.jpg