Random Acts of Kindness

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There's enough hate, blame and negativity in the world right now. I'd love it if we could focus on kindness and generosity and helping folks. Even in the midst of the craziness going on there is good all around us. Let's make this thread about some of the great things we hear or can do for others.

Large or small, every act of kindness matters. I don't feel like I've done enough and want to do more. I've given eggs and milk to neighbors, picked up supplies for others while in town. But so many have done so much more.

WildBird

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes! I'm in!

Recently my family has been going around and "chalking" random people's driveways. We draw (with sidewalk chalk) uplifting things like flowers, sunshine, hearts, and cool quotes and try to leave before they notice us. It's awesome!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
e draw (with sidewalk chalk) uplifting things like flowers, sunshine, hearts, and cool quotes and try to leave before they notice us. It's awesome!
I love that!!

I did a town run this morning. I haven't been in a while. Headed to Walmart first and noticed a woman standing outside the store rummaging in her purse. She was upset about not being able to find her gloves. Before I could even offer to give her a spare pair that I had - another woman pulled out a pair and gave them to her. Little things like that are happening everywhere.

At TSC, where it's usually hard to get help, a young man saw me loading up with feed and followed me to the register just to carry it out for me.

I hope the spirit of giving, and helpfulness can overcome the negativity. They say that crisis either brings out the worst of the best in folks. I hope that the "best" can overcome the "worst!"

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This isn't exactly an act of kindness, but it's definitely a good side-effect of staying at home because of the virus. World wide pollution is down!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This isn't exactly an act of kindness, but it's definitely a good side-effect of staying at home because of the virus. World wide pollution is down!

I'm hoping that this fact will bring the needed resolve for so much pollution...at least an effort to curtail. This entire CV-19 is bringing such change, so fast -- hoping the GOOD stays with us.

I'm sharing eggs but you have to find those who want them. LOL Almost like zucchini.....and mystery drop offs....RFLOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm hoping that this fact will bring the needed resolve for so much pollution...at least an effort to curtail. This entire CV-19 is bringing such change, so fast -- hoping the GOOD stays with us.

I'm sharing eggs but you have to find those who want them. LOL Almost like zucchini.....and mystery drop offs....RFLOL
Proof positive that stopping the internal combustion engine helps reduce pollution!

I've still got egg customers...not customers exactly because I'm giving them away. Starting to get a lot of milk now too so the neighbor kids and my mother in law will be happy about that!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our hamlet (doesn't even qualify as a village, lol) has a facebook group where you can post needs and surplus, offers of service, etc. It's getting a lot of activity- everything from someone who needed some paper diapers and need was met by someone else whose baby had outgrown that size, offers of eggs, of home baked bread and cakes, of gently used clothing... all for free. I feel guilty that there isn't much I can offer right now, but at least I'm not asking for help either.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not taking is as good as giving in these times. I saw TP in Walmart yesterday - but I didn't take any. Just didn't need any. At our corner Dollar store I saw a lady giving away masks that she'd made. Even the smallest things can make a big difference to someone who doesn't have anything.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been giving eggs away around the neighborhood. They are appreciated. I taught a neighbor how to make bread, she posted pictures on her FB and got lots of requests for the recipes. I'm planting a garden with a mind to intensive managing it, instead of my normal approach. This year as soon as a plant has reached peak production and declined, it will be yanked out and replaced with something else. I got a feeling that I will be able to find homes for the extra.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep -- hoping my garden gets in & is productive for more than myself and my own family. I will still can but, excess will be given away. Sent 15 dz eggs with DD to her work. Its a dry cleaner, so with all else work is very down -- thus their paychecks. We are hoping this will help even a small amount. Eggs are great protein! There will be a dz for each. Nice to have frig opened up, LOL.

These things will last into months. Recovery will not be happening fast. Some people are not able to grow plants, raise animals, etc,, to help their families.

Latest posts