rashes/ remedy?

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Two days ago I got a small bump on the outside upper thigh. It itched like crazy and I thought it was just a bug bite. But yesterday it had spread two inches across and about six inches down! It is very red and itches awful. I have used a lotion called Miracle rash repair or something but I can't really tell that it is doing anything. I haven't used anything new as far as cleaners soaps or anything else and that is the only place it is at. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to treat it with? :fl

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a spider bite. You could try vinegar. I use it for taking the itch out of bug bites. I would really recommend seeing a doctor though since it is spreading. Are there brown recluses where you live?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I thought spider too. those suckers are nasty and can be bad. brown recluse are super bad! Charlie at my old job got bit and ended up with about a 4 month ordeal getting better from that recluse bite!

If it gets bigger hit the Dr. fast...never jeaopardize yourself ya know!!!!!!

being a "bump" doesn't sound like a chemical reaction.....more like a bite.

Anything bites me (or I think it did) I just use hydrocortisone (spell?) for the itch and wait it out..LOL-LOL

hang in there and hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

PeeperKeeper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If it is developing a necrotic center (blackened area) at the initial bite site...Go to Dr. or clinic..QUICK!
If not I suggest Tree Tea Oil. Great for stopping itching, an antiseptic property and antifungal use also. The smell is only BAD for about 2 hours. :gig :barnie :gig

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
What others have said. Sounds a lot more like a bite than a rash or infection; see Dr if it starts looking odd in the center or swelling gets too extensive.

I've had ant bites that've done the same thing, though (and I *know* they were ant bites, as I saw the ants biting me). Took a day or three for them to reach full size but I have never experienced anything itchier in my life. Eventually they went away. Stupid ants. It was teensy little tiny ones, too. Who'd'a' thunk.

Good luck,

Pat

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your suggestions! It isn't dark thankfully but I will keep watching for that. I did have the furnace on the other night, maybe a spider came up. I used to have tes tree oil so I might get some of that again. dh said I should go to the doctor but it doesn't look AS bad today lol. I'm hard headed. The bumps are still there just not as ugly but I think that is becasue I have been doing everything I can to keep from scratching. Thanks again. :frow

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and I *know* they were ant bites, as I saw the ants biting me).

*******Pat my MIL Rachel just got nailed by a bunch "of teeney weeney ants" too....about 50 bites on the top of her foot up her ankle and she said the swarm was huge and she stepped and didn't notice....nasty looking but improving now.

OW OW OW--something so little right???LOL

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It it is going up slightly higher onto my hip now and it still itches like crazy! This sucks! :thun

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Might I suggest you take some Benadryl and a cold compress to the area? Then, some Hydrocortisone cream or ointment may help. If you don't have any of this at your house, someone suggested toothpaste can ease a bee sting....so can honey. Worth a shot if you have nothing else on hand and should work for any kind of burning, itching reaction to an insect sting or bite.

You might also pick a spot close by, but not on, and put some Vicks Vaporub or any muscle rub that has menthol type ingredients on the spot. This has a tendency to distract your senses from the feeling of burning and itching to the new spot where you will feel the hot/cold sensation only. Don't put these oinments on your rash, though. Try it and see if this works! :D

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok , slightly better today. Last night was awful. The rash is gettinga lot lighter in color thankfully. I can't see any place where I may have gotten bite. Hopefully this will clear up today. Thank you all so much for responding. :love