rashes/ remedy?

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
YEAH!!!! It's finally gone. That was the most irritating thing I've had in a while. I didn't scratch for two days and then by the third I couldn't take it anymore and started scratching. Before I went to bed I put cortizone on it and by morning it was almost all the way gone. WOOT!!!
Thanks everyone for all your help :frow

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
lol I think to think it was a little bit off both. Everything else I tried didn't help but that sure did. Cleared right up though. Now its like it wasn't even there.

coberdor

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
What works great on rashes that are created by a fungus is listerine. We use it all the time on horses, per our vets. We all keep it in spray bottles in the barns for the mud season. When the horses come in, we let the mud dry, brush off and spray with listerine to prevent "mud fever", which is a fungal swelling and hair loss.
My son had a rash from a fungus on his arm for months. He went to the doctor and had bunches of different anti-fungal meds given to him. I looked at it and told him to use the listerine on it every few hours. He laughed and said "don't you mean Windex", from My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie. I said no, and explained to him why we used it on horses. He stared using it and the fungal rash, which he had for months, was gone in 8 - 10 days! His doctor wanted to know what he used. He told him and the doctor said "well, that would work."

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
coberdor said:
What works great on rashes that are created by a fungus is listerine. We use it all the time on horses, per our vets. We all keep it in spray bottles in the barns for the mud season. When the horses come in, we let the mud dry, brush off and spray with listerine to prevent "mud fever", which is a fungal swelling and hair loss.
My son had a rash from a fungus on his arm for months. He went to the doctor and had bunches of different anti-fungal meds given to him. I looked at it and told him to use the listerine on it every few hours. He laughed and said "don't you mean Windex", from My Big Fat Greek Wedding movie. I said no, and explained to him why we used it on horses. He stared using it and the fungal rash, which he had for months, was gone in 8 - 10 days! His doctor wanted to know what he used. He told him and the doctor said "well, that would work."
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this tip. My family is the fungus family....me, my sister, my mother, my dad...and I've even passed it down to my kids. I am going to have to try that...hehe and I even have listerine in a spray bottle to keep the mosquitos away from the porch in summer...it works for that too:>) Anyway, thanks...finally something that I have around the house that might work! We've tried everything. I get it on my back every summer and when I finally get rid of it over the winter it comes back again from the sun I think...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, you might also try to limit refined sugars, white flour pastas or breads and buy some olive leaf extract~an all natural antifungal that really worked for my boy, who seems to be a yeast magnet.

Fungus feeds on sugar and carbs! High sugar content in the blood will actually feed your fungus, which is why diabetics are more prone to fungal infections.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/11/05/toxic-foods.aspx

Here's a link that makes for interesting reading!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You read Dr Mercola too? He is a wealth of info isn't he? And good advice too!
I love sugar...I got a sweet tooth that always has t be pacified:>) Actually I think part of the reason I get it only in the summer is because I like beer in the summer. It is the only time I really drink it...not alot...maybe a case or two over the summer but it is sooo nice to quench the thirst on a hot summer day. I get it on my shoulders.
My son, on the other hand is prone to ringworm...all he has to do is be around any cat...no sneezing or anything but ringworm will come soon after. A couple of week ends ago he slept at a friends and they have a cat...sure enough I went to wake him up the other mornng and there it was...a nice ring right in the middle of his back! Ughhh...again...I am such a clean freak and our doctor must think we live in a pigsty:>) I know I know, that is just how I feel about it! I have figured out though that crushed mustard seed mixed will olive oil gets rid of that really quick.
Olive leaf extract sounds interesting...I have tried oregano oil...it doesn't seem to do much...
Thanks for the info:>)

coberdor

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Now, make sure to use just the plain listerine. It works on ringworm, which you know is a fungus too!

MorelCabin said:
coberdor said:
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this tip. My family is the fungus family....me, my sister, my mother, my dad...and I've even passed it down to my kids. I am going to have to try that...hehe and I even have listerine in a spray bottle to keep the mosquitos away from the porch in summer...it works for that too:>) Anyway, thanks...finally something that I have around the house that might work! We've tried everything. I get it on my back every summer and when I finally get rid of it over the winter it comes back again from the sun I think...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yup, definitely keeping that in my med cabinet from now on! Thanks again! You have no idea how happy it made me to read this:>)