Rathbone: Eggs for Hatching, Eggs for Eating, Eggs, Eggs, Eggs

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I don't think it sounds melodramatic at all! You're a mother. It sounds like a motherly response to me. Having said that, I think I would probably be the same way.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
For the primal variant on Scotch Eggs: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-scotch-eggs/#axzz1n8VBPuqn (I believe the normal version calls for battering them and deep frying them, which would be good, but this version looks awesome too!)
And avocado deviled eggs: http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/get-em-while-the-gettins-good/ (google produced several options, I couldn't find the one I was looking for that I saw recently!)

Enjoy all your eggs! Good luck using them. Know any friends that could use some? You can always give them away or sell them.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Myyyy! Those Scotch eggs look incredible. The fact that I skipped breakfast this morning probably isn't helping.
edited to add: I just checked the egg recipe site. Definitely trying those.

As far as sharing eggs, we do. Whatever I have, I try to share. Works out really well since most of those people share right back. We have our own little group taking care of one another. Something I LOVE.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So far, I haven't had an egg hatch. And, w/the first batch, most looked almost like they did when I put them in. So, I don't know if it's the roo, the incubator or what. I have 13 in right now, and am hoping for a better outcome.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Grilled asparagus :drool My favorite way to eat it! Now, I want it BADLY, but we don't get the 'good' stuff here until the end of MAY :hit

I have to wait a little bit longer, but I have a broody Buff that I'm going to put some eggs under - lets hope she can do it, because I have zero luck with incubators!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Sorry about your first hatch! I hope the next one has a much better outcome!!!!!!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2468_36eggs.jpg

I set eggs again last night. Please, please, please let them be fertile!:fl

And...the first of my .02 cent a bag tulips are starting to bloom.
2468_tulip.jpg

Rather a pitiful little thing, but it holds great promise of things to come.

This weekend should be pretty busy. I think we are processing roosters again. At least six. I still have some asparagus to pickle, I pick up pears and apples tomorrow and I need to make butters out of them. Busy weekend indeed.

New topic: Meat Rabbits. We are thinking about getting meat rabbits. I just feel very unsure about our heat here. I have a spot that stays in the shade all through the day and I have two hutches. But will that be enough? I don't want them to die of heatstroke.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the way we always did scotch eggs was wrap poiled egg in the sausage meat, then roll it in breacrumbs and you can either bake or fry them, low carb sands breadcrumbs would also be mucho yummy.

I grew up on scotch eggs, its the picnik food of choice LOL...
my dad used to dust his eggs with a little bit of cajun spice before wrapping the the sausage case he likes spicey food :D

And YAY for the eggie link, i wasnt certain how avacdo deviled eggs would work out but my brain was not wrong and thye look delicious...i know what im trying when i get more eggs...and avacados lol.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been away a while. Something happened. Not a good something. I will be back when the dust settles.

Latest posts