Rats!

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have had mice getting into the chickens run I wondered why my girls were all suddenly molting. Now I have too take away their freedom of being able too go into their run and eat and drink whenever they wish.

I've ordered hardwired steel to line inside their run but the weather is becoming awful and I'm praying this young boy will still help me complete this work.

We had animal abusers behind where I live they would starve and breed dogs the noise was horrific and heart breaking too hear. They must have been dead dog's left too rot in their garden as well as other rotting food and dogs mess because I was told they have encouraged rats into everyone's gardens.

These vile people have since moved into a small holding, they were never stopped from their neglect and abuse because this system on every level ignored everyone's pleas for help.

A dog warden showed up and a neighbour tried too communicate with him, he totally blanked her which was just as well as he Obviously didn't care at all

So now I live in the worry of rats getting to my chickens and I will always think about those poor dog's trapped with such evil people and locked into drafty sheds for days on end while they holiday.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In my area those are felony charges....AND...animal control is sometimes over zealous! It's part of police department. Very active units here!!
When people actually care and are paid too do this kind of work they are doing their duty right, I really admire these sort, you can't ever be too over zealous imo.

Here they let these people move on and these animal's will be left for days and possibly used for dog fights if they don't breed anymore, or if their pups are runts.

I'm deeply sickened by this system apathy and indifference.
We have shows here showing rescues but don't actually see it happening in real life. When you call they keep telling you too call somewhere else until you give up

I've lived in various parts of this country and seen this too many times, I'm not young so can't see it ever changing, not in my lifetime :(

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Peanut butter is easier to deal with and covers the baking soda taste better. Mix the baking soda with it. Easy to put out globs of peanut butter and baking soda.

It takes a long time to kill rats with baking soda. I'm talking days to weeks of them eating the bait before they die depending on how much they ingest at a time. That's the big reason this isn't a recommended pest control method.