raw chocolate milk?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well first, you guys failed me and forgot to tell me to shake it up first!! :p I took a swig of pure milk fat, omg I regretted ever wanting it lol!

But now that I know to shake it up, I like it...but still has a funky bitter taste to it? I don't know how to describe it.

So I was thinking of making it into chocolate milk (with my 78% dark chocolate) but how do I do that? I can't heat it up obviously, that will kill the good stuff.any ideas?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
The bitterish taste is just winter. Late spring raw milk is sweet!!! :)

It is really fun tasting the difference as the year cycles.

I would melt the chocolate and add in a bit of milk to thin it and then mix it in to the rest of the milk. I only make stuff like that by the individual cup, so not sure if it settles if you make bigger batches. :idunno

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That makes sense!

And it would be by the cupful, thank you :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Winter milk is a little blah.
Now, if farmers would feed their cows root veges with their hay, then that would not be an issue!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Really?

I got pastured, soy and hormone/chemical free raw milk :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Really?

I got pastured, soy and hormone/chemical free raw milk :D
All good, but no green grass or root veges, makes for lower in fat and way lower in D milk, in winter time.
If you study European traditional dairy ways, you will see a very different feeding and care routine.

We are going to grow enough root veges with winter, to feed each goat in milk 1 pound of mixed shredded carrots, beets and turnips per day.
This will be added to their barley, alfalfa and sunflower seed ration, along with free choice hay.

ETA. Just wait till you see the summer milk. Its very yellow and if you buy cream to make butter, it will be almost orange!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*writes down* good notes! As I want to farm when I "grow up" ;) (aka get out of college lol.)