raw cow milk for sale metro Atlanta area?

willkatdawson

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm hoping to make cheese, kefir, yogurt ect.. and I'm looking for someone to buy raw milk from.
Thanks,
Willkatdawson

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've found that the contacts on realmilk.com, at least in my area, are very out of date. Apparently the milk nazi's use the info to harrass the people who post their contact info.

willkatdawson

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks Wifezilla I found someone within 5 miles of my house that has both cow and goat milk for sale!!! I'm going to be one busy cheese maker, butter churner ect... BTW I love your posts on BYC :weee

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I forgot to say :welcome

There are not enough cheesemakers out there to exchange info with! At least not enough experienced...or at least adventurous....cheesemakers!

I will be making another stinky cheese recipe, four gallons, with my new batch of geotrichum (sp? too lazy to go check) mold powder tonight!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm...nothing I love more than a good stinky cheese :D

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The fun thing about the GA law, for your pets but not yourself, is ummm, how are they gonna enforce it? :lol:

Now to find me a supplier down here in south/central GA (of either one!), until I can get my own goat....

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Use caution on buying milk for PETS only and then using it for human consumption. Sometimes sellers will sell the first milk after calving for pets. I don't know that much about the first milk but I understand its not suppose to be used for us. If thats wrong please let me know.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't know about that 1st milk thing; just know in GA, the law is that raw milk can only be sold for consumption by pets. So the containers are labeled as such, but as I said, how do they enforce it? And the sellers and consumers know that too. That's how it's maneuvered around in this part of the world. :hu

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2dream said:
Use caution on buying milk for PETS only and then using it for human consumption. Sometimes sellers will sell the first milk after calving for pets. I don't know that much about the first milk but I understand its not suppose to be used for us. If thats wrong please let me know.
Are you talking about colostrum? That stuff is sold as a health supplement (for people) and is extremely expensive.

http://www.organicpastures.com/products_colostrum.html