raw cow milk for sale metro Atlanta area?

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
2dream said:
Use caution on buying milk for PETS only and then using it for human consumption. Sometimes sellers will sell the first milk after calving for pets. I don't know that much about the first milk but I understand its not suppose to be used for us. If thats wrong please let me know.
Are you talking about colostrum? That stuff is sold as a health supplement (for people) and is extremely expensive.

http://www.organicpastures.com/products_colostrum.html
I've tasted colostrum before and it is NOT good. :sick

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Babies seem to like it. ;)

Anyway, it's not going to hurt you, but it is not the same as milk, so it may not work for cheese recipes and such.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
The fun thing about the GA law, for your pets but not yourself, is ummm, how are they gonna enforce it? :lol:

Now to find me a supplier down here in south/central GA (of either one!), until I can get my own goat....
Many states enforce it by requiring either charcoal or dye to be added to the container of milk that is being sold :rant

Ariel72

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
My sister lives in the Atlanta area and gets her raw "pet" milk from a place called Dad and Me Farm. She always raves about them and their products. I think they even have a website. Wish I could go down just for a tour. The animals are beautifully cared for.

Ariel72

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how to post a link, but the address is :
mydadandmefamilyfarm.com

They're in Powder Springs, GA. Hope that's helpful.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
Don't know about that 1st milk thing; just know in GA, the law is that raw milk can only be sold for consumption by pets. So the containers are labeled as such, but as I said, how do they enforce it? And the sellers and consumers know that too. That's how it's maneuvered around in this part of the world. :hu
They enforce it by planting informants, and by stakeouts.
Nope. not making that up at all.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
here in MN you can buy it if you go the the source,,they cannot deliver it to you..there was a big thing on the news a couple months back about some guy selling and delivering it to the twin cities area as he had several costumers that would all meet at once,,they busted him when making a delivery,they took his milk,cheese and truck!! the customers where interviewed and really mad,which I would have been to,I really think they have bigger things to worry about then some people selling and buying raw milk,,I can see not selling it in stores,but if an adult knowingly buys raw milk then so be it,,I was raised on raw,never killed any of us..I heard that legislation is going to brought up to change this law for MN and make off farm sales legal.

emily

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I am also in Ga, And I think it's hilarious that we can only buy/sell milk as 'pet' milk. What someone does with it when they get to their home is completely their business. I'm sorry maybe I'm a conspiracist, but I think it's just another small way for the govt to take control. If I go and buy a gallon of goat milk, why does the govt get an opinion as to what I do with it? Ok, sorry.

I fully intend to sell milk when I have goats that are producing :) And it's totally up to the buyers what they do with it!