Re-purposed ......

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As I sit here sorting through the inevitable stack of paperwork.... I stick back into the printer the mis prints. I try to re-use a sheet of printer paper ...if possible. Mine prints on the backside of the paper..so I put the mis-print up. Also, I save and re-use the envelopes that bills and statements come in. They make great list and note/scratch paper. or, I re-use the reply envelopes, if the are un marked with the company address. I haven't bought note paper for a while now.
I shred the information ones. They work great as mulch in the gardens.

What do others re-purpose? I am always on the look out for new ideas.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
To go along w/reusing this type of paper.

I'll take a whole stack of this type of paper, and cut it down to whatever size I want. Then, I'll take rubber cement and put it along all the edges on 1 side and let dry. You can then stick a magnet on the back and mount on the fridge and use it to make your shopping list. Or stick it next to the phone for taking notes when you're on the phone. W/it made into a note pad, it's much easier to keep it all together then if it's just loose.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are so many ways to hopefully save money in this poor economy right now. We here keep pinching pennies, and tightening the belt. Sometimes, it gets frustrating. I have cut back my w-mart grocery lists, etc...etc....etc. Right now, am sitting here cancelling and closing some accounts that are out of state. Doing paperwork that I have put off for a year now.

In the sewing dept, I had managed to get 2 aprons cut out of a queen sized flat sheet. Wearing one now. Had to wait on the bias tape order from ebay to finish the 2nd one, as it takes 6 yards. I love to find good deals on people selling sewing notions. Not as many sew anymore, so they are bought at estate sales, or found in moms and grandmoms things, and sold online. It's a treasure trove of goodies in an old sewing notions collection.

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just had my boss and another lady bring in 5 egg cartons today. The lady buys eggs from me, my boss does not. (But when I give them to him free, he gladly accepts! :lol: ) I did notice that he also brought in a case of empty beer bottles to a guy here that brews. My boss is not on a tight income by any means, but it is nice to see that he sees the value in re-purposing too!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Or, maybe he just likes getting free stuff and figures this is the way to do it. :D

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Or, maybe he just likes getting free stuff and figures this is the way to do it. :D
I don't see much wrong with that either.... LOL

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My current "re-purpose" project is taking a bedskirt that no longer fits my beds, and using it as the backing on potholders I am making. I also plan on using the white part of it, that goes over the box spring, on other projects. So many projects!! I am kinda waiting for the weather to dry up a bit...so I can get out and do stuff. Many leaves piled up in the back ditch, to collect and toss onto the main garden. I have a small front flower garden to turn. It was a burn pile in 2010. It grew marigolds wonderfully last summer.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I took some of the kids and hubbys old chore shirts and cut them up for cleaning rags. Always needing a rag to wipe up something!

Bought a pile of hedge line posts, some were so crooked they can't be used (got 20 for 4.00) 14 good ones and 6 that we will cut up for firewood on a cold cold day. Nobody wanted them becouse of the crooked ones!

Also got 1 of those foldable wooden clothes drying rack for free from free cycle.

Latest posts