Ready for the Global Currency, the Bancor?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Long the stuff of conspiracy theories, a global currency is an idea whose time has come... at least according to the IMF. The IMF recommends that the world adopt a global currency called the "Bancor" and that a global central bank be established to administer that currency. The report is dated April 13, 2010 and a full copy can be read here . Unfortunately this is not hype and it is not a rumor. This is a very serious proposal in an official document from one of the mega-powerful institutions that is actually running the world economy.

We are living in interesting times, and I believe that we are in for a bumpy ride.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh we are definitely in for a bumpy ride, and with everything going on I am shocked that so many out there are still turning a blind eye to it all!

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"...one of the mega-powerful institutions that is actually RUINing the world economy...making the "Special Drawing Right(s)"(SDR's)
To use our tax money to play with.
Look at Europe and how they mucked THAT up!!! :somad

I'LL give you an analogy--Consider the American people in 2010 like a pot of pudding taken off of the stove. The skin forms on top, and you think it's safe to dish it out. But the minute you crack the skin, all of that heat underneath pours out, and you get burned.
A POX on the powerful thieves of the world.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
anyone studying global economy knows they'll do it at some point. it's like when any larger country has taken over smaller ones. they enforce a new economy. it's how it works.

it's not like any economy has done well beyond bartering anyway. *shrugs*

it'll be much MORE interesting if they do things like minimum wage across the globe.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
huh??? what - they think this is great b/c the euro has done so well??

i'm still believin' that chickens will be the new currency
;-)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thats right..ducks are the new ducats.. that right...

;-)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
SEX is the new currency.
It's perfect!
Everybody already has some and everybody always wants more, so demand will never waver.You can see it any time you want. You can play with it 24/7 and not wear it out. It doesn't disintegrate when it gets wet. It is easy to carry and conceal. It is already traded for goods all over the globe. What more could you ask for in a new currency?

:thumbsup