Ready to pull my hair out

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been searching forever on my faves as well as so many other recipe sites. I just bought a three 1.5 qt each crockpot ensemble. The booklet was of no assist whatsover. I have 2 other larger crockpots . Our hungry son will be home for spring break and I really want to let him sleep in and when he is awake not be tied to kitchen. I want to make breakfast casseroles with eggs as main ingredient as well as possibly cook grits and or oatmeal.I am madder than a wet hen.I found a few for larger crock pots I want to use the 3 smaller for a variety am I asking too much?! He will be home Saturday evening and I need to shop my pantry,flyer specials and pull coupons by tomorrow as my daughter will be doing the grocery shopping to save gas and time after school lets out for her. My chooks have agreed to lay a few eggs .Will somebody help this poor aggravated soon to be flipped out mom? Thank you in advance!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
eggs in a crockpot?
for me I like eggs fresh and hot and just off the griddle type situation

breakfast is one of the worse meals for me to cook...they seem like alot of work. lol

frying 1 egg in a few minutes isn't work----but bacon is.....so I fry a pound of bacon and fridge it. that way I can fry an egg fast, slap on some nuked bacon on a biscuit and boom, done.

be interesting to see how people can slow cook breakfast???

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ORChick said:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

She uses rather more convenience ingredients than I like, but she has some good ideas despite that.
I love that site, found it a year ago. She inspired me to use my slow cooker a LOT and try about anything. Some were fairly crappy - LOL but a LOT of good ones, too.

How about biscuits and sausage gravy? You could do scrambled eggs, but they'll get kind of watery after a bit.

You could also do layered scrambled eggs - add chopped dried beef, chopped bacon, mushrooms, whatever you like to the gravy and then layer with the eggs. I would think that a lot recipes that call for baking could be 'baked' in the slower cooker.

Or, just cook ahead and keep stuff warm.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is not a crockpot recipe, but have you tried the layered breakfast casserole that has bread, eggs, sausage, onion, green peppers and topped with crumbled bacon? You do it up the night (day) before and let absorb in the fridge till morning, then bake it. I don't have the recipe right in front of me, but can find it if you want it.

dianer29

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I am still not finding the right ratio for a recipe for 1 .5 qt recipes for breakfast though.............. I cant believe that the company had such a cruddy recipe section in booklet provided. Still searching high and low............I need to get to grocery store by Saturday morning while running the usual gamut of weekend errands and I sure hope I have something planned by then. OUCH! There goes another clump of hair.lol