Really Really bad neighbor problem help please!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am the neighbour who has an aggressive dog, and in six years of living here he has NEVER gotten off his leash or out of his kennel or loose at all. I am incredibly careful with him, it's our neighbours with their goofy, friendly dogs that don't tie theirs up. They shout across 'it's okay, she's friendly' while I'm trying to keep myself between the 'friendly' dog and mine, before he can attempt to kill the 'friendly' dog.

It irritates me that people don't take responsibility for their pets (whether they are aggressive or not, but it's 1000% worse if the animal isn't safe)... there is no way you can continue to let that neighbour get away with her behaviour. Definitely find out what the leash laws are (in some cases that means your dogs have to be leashed 100% of the time too if your yard isn't fenced), call the police or animal control, document everything, everytime...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
I am the neighbour who has an aggressive dog, and in six years of living here he has NEVER gotten off his leash or out of his kennel or loose at all. I am incredibly careful with him, it's our neighbours with their goofy, friendly dogs that don't tie theirs up. They shout across 'it's okay, she's friendly' while I'm trying to keep myself between the 'friendly' dog and mine, before he can attempt to kill the 'friendly' dog.
We have this problem a lot in the park. I don't blame people for wanting to let their dogs roam and play, but it is a danger to everyone. When people say "she's friendly" I usually say, well mine isn't! Then I kindly let them know that we have horses here on the farm that have a hatred of dogs that they'll go after them if they can get close enough, and will probably kill them. That usually widens their eyes a bit. Foolish people don't understand that they should be worried about their dog's safety, not that their dog is friendly!
The park finally put up signs that say "All dogs, even the friendly ones, must be leashed." I don't know if it has helped or not...

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
My dog is freindly. Way to friendly most of the time. He can get on your nerves demanding that you pet him. He has never show any aggression. Ever - not in his 8 years. No matter what torture some unknowing child does. However, he is a dog and when people ask me if my dog bites, I simply say "not me, can't say what he might do to you." My dog is always on a leash, in his pen or in the house. In 8 years he has been loose 2 times. Both were accidents. I don't understand people who don't realize that dogs are.....well, dogs. They can and do change their minds about biting and they don't warn you most of the time when they just changed their minds.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry....Thats one bad thing about not owning your own place. Tallk to LL. If your side isn't seen, you have to decide to put up with it, fight it or leave it. I like fences. They save a lot of trouble.

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If I was the LL I'd be extremely concerned about aggressive dogs being allowed on my property. I bet his insurance company would be very interested to know this is happening and the he is OK with it.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oooo good point dreaming...on the insurances side of things...might be worth giving them a call.

side note, to the people suggesting purposly poisening these dogs, wether in jest or not...
thats terrifying...
this is NOT the fault of the dogs and antifreeze is a slow and painfull way to go...
im not against humanely euthanizing a dog too agressive to be safe, but antifreeze?! realy...

theres many other options before literlaly torturing these dogs simply because their owners and the landlord are idiots is barbaric...

if the dogs are a true and real threat and AC arnt willing to do anything, then the ONLY form of acceptable retaliation for agressive dogs if nothing else has worked is a killing shot or a heavy blow to the back of the skull...
id rather shoot a dog than know ive left an animal out there to die slowly and painfully as its liver and kidneys shot down and start to destroy themselves...
(another favorite is rat poisen in meat which actually causes the insides to practically melt)

anyone that would joke about it is disturbed!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BrandedX said:
Mr.Andersson said:
Don't accidentally leave antifreeze in a bowl outside!
Best answer yet. :bow
Actually ... no ... it is a very bad answer. I realize that you said "don't", but also realize that you meant to bring it up in such a way as to suggest it might be a solution. It is a terrible idea. Antifreeze causes a terrible death. The owners are certainly irresponsible, and the dogs are clearly not welcome on your property (nor should they be), but to kill animals in such a horrible manner for just doing what they do is, in my opinion, inhumane. There have been several good suggestions made. This was not one of them.

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry, it is some child's pet/best friend, and would be devastated. I didn't think anyone would think I was serious. I thought it was funny to say it. I'll keep my sarcam, to a minimum.;)
Goodbye