recommendations on a hand crank flashlight

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I need recommendations on a good, preferably LED crank flashlight. Radio would also be a plus, but longest lasting light and brightness are my main concern.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
As long as it is an LED you should be fine. I had one that used a regular light and it was terrible. I have a cheap LED lantern I got at Kohls around Christmas and it works great.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
:pop

I'd be interested to hear some experiences also. All I have are solar, and regular LED flashlights that I solar charge AA and AAA batteries for. Oh, I do have two of those shake type flashlights. They are a real pain in the rump and don't work exceptionally well, but they were free (and better than nothing, I guess). :)

Edited to correct a typo

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So whats the verdict folks...? Which is the best hand cranked flashlights and radios from your experience..?

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
:pop

I'd be interested to hear some experiences also. All I have are solar, and regular LED flashlights that I solar charge AA and AAA batteries for. Oh, I do have two of those shake type flashlights. They are a real pain in the rump and don't work exceptionally well, but they were free (and better than nothing, I guess). :)

Edited to correct a typo
I have to agree on the handshack lights. THEY SUCK! A lot of work for so little light. I've went with rechargeable solar myself.

To chime in on the handcranks. Go for the one mentioned in the link. I have a handcrank radio and light and I love them. Great back up back up items. :)

goatilocks

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, after much research, Im gonna order a Lightstorm CL1. Its LED, no batteries, stores energy using a capacitor, is water resistant, and will charge my Crackberry, lol. They run about $25. When I finally get around to ordering it, I'll let you all know how it is.