recycled cannas

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The other day I was putting up a building for a guy. I noticed his bed of cannas was really overgrown. I guess he noticed me looking, he started telling me how he was going to dig them all up and plant something else. Long story short, he told me to help myself. I went back this morning and took them all! 135+ yellow canna rizomes(corms, bubls?) for a little labor. I'm going to give some to my mom, and use a bunch next spring.

478_100_2689.jpg

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cannas were a nightmare for me.

I planted some and they took off like insanity! LOL

I could not kill them. I tried everything. Til one day I dug them all up and hit the remainder with tons of poison.

finally I have no more cannas.

All my roots I sold at the farmer markets. I made alot of money off those things.

My problem was I planted them in a bad place, heck they multiplied right out into the front lawn and all over the side of the house..LOL

drove me nuts, but nice looking.

I liked cannas though cause they were very tropical looking. big plants also and I liked that--til they did their thing and moved thru the whole yard!

Good supply you have there!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I love cannas! Nice score :thumbsup

FC is right though....given the right conditions they will multiply. They should be divided every couple of years. They are a beautiful addition to the garden for sure!