Recycled food cans

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I was thinking for a while how to sort out parts of my sewing room. Came up with this idea:

SANY0840.jpg

SANY0839.jpg

I told my hubby he needs to do the same in the garage.

Each can has a hole drilled near the top and its hung on a nail in the wall. The can does want to swing sideways with the weight in it - I have to figure that out.

I'm going to collect a few more, I will hang them all on the wall in my sewing room for marking pens, rulers, scissors etc.. that I need on hand when sewing or doing whatever...

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Zenbirder said:
Looks good! I'm betting you are a knitter who may be into everything else crafty....
:D EVERYTHING... :lol:

My sewing room so badly needs to be organised, thats why I've been hanging things on the wall. :lol: I just need to keep everything in one place altogether - my kids are always playing with things, those crochet hooks are really popular toys apparently :th

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Really good idea.
On the cans swinging with the weight, maybe you could glue a piece of rubber to the can (wall side) to help with that. There is always that double sided velcro stuff. But you would have to stick one side to the wall. You may not want to do that to your wall. (I would, but then my craft room walls already look like someone used them for a bulletin board. Velcro would probably be an improvment here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I am not a nail to the wall person. I hate putting holes in the wall for any reason, even pics...LOL

I would have to find another way.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:D I think I'm going to try the velcro.

I hate those walls anyway, there are too many of those panel type walls in this house and it makes it SO drab. If I had my way I'd be PAINTING the walls, but alas...... I'm not allowed. (not yet anyway)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Use something sticky if you aren't that worried about the walls. hot glue, any kind of glue! Silly putty or bubble gum. :)

i love the idea. I was just thinking today how I could recycle food cans. I die a little each time I throw one away.

Neat idea!

Cassandra

Latest posts