Remedies for a smelly dog?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
We have two Chocolate Labs and a Golden Retriever,all inside dogs.....they only get a bath once every 6 months and NONE of them ever smell like "dog". All three of ours are females and ALL of them are fixed.
First thing is to check the anal glands to see if they are impacted. If you have a male dog and he isn't fixed, clean his "junk" with baby wipes or a cotton cloth soaked in Hydrogen Peroxide.
Next....CHECK THE EARS!!! If the ears smell then you have a yeast infection brewing! CLEAN THEM and keep them clean!!
SKP8PN, I saw the pic of your dogs, all gorgeous and I didn't smell any odor! :gig

I maybe bath my dog once or twice a year, too. She is so inside that I will wake in the middle of the night to find her head sharing my pillow while she sleeps on her back. I wonder if I'm just getting too used to her odor, lol!

What do you use to clean the ears?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
sylvie said:
She is so inside that I will wake in the middle of the night to find her head sharing my pillow while she sleeps on her back. I wonder if I'm just getting too used to her odor, lol!
:lol:

Thanks for the input everyone...looks like babywipe mixture with some TT oil will help :)

See, I knew you all would have my solution!!