Reminiscing on days gone by...

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed is right. There are seasons in our lives and this is just a season for you. Lean on the Lord for He cares for you. He knows your heartbreak but this is not the end but a new beginning. Work towards what you want. You have the drive it needs to do this. Like everyone has mentioned you're so very young and have a lot of time.

SustainableAg

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BB - It is wonderful to see a post from you after some time has elapsed. I wish it were under different circumstances. I was a fan long before I became a member of this forum - I have been a watcher for years now. I feel for you, and I understand your pain. There is an ever expanding list of things to learn, and you have been fortunate enough to learn tried and true methods from family members. Yes, it is always disheartening when your loved ones do not share the same dreams and ideals.
I grew up in a typical suburban household, but I always yearned for more. I worked on horse farms in my teens, grew a small garden in my parents back yard, and even looked into local ordinances for chickens (which unfortunately never came into fruition). Now, in my early 20's and living with my fiancé, I work so long that I seldom have time for anything else. We hope to buy property (in KY as luck would have it) and start a hobby farm in the next couple of years. But life has a funny way of interfering - and God has a wonderful way of redirecting our steps!
It is a slow learning process when no one around you has the knowledge you seek - but you have been fortunate enough to learn these skills! As everyone else said - you can always rely on these skills when you are ready to begin anew. Good things come to those who wait :) Don't get discouraged because it wasn't their dream. But believe me, I know how hard it is to watch something that is important to you fall to the wayside.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BB-you'll always be the "rich man"....because you know how to fish. "Teach a man to fish......"
Nobody can EVER take those skills away from you.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow little brother...you are amazing! You shouldered so much of the responsibility on that farm it's no wonder there was some decline in your absence....the foundation is still there if you choose that path, and you know how to rebuild if you choose elsewhere. Keep your head up, and your toes pointing forward. Opportunity awaits. Sometimes when good things end, it's Gods way of directing you toward a new beginning with bigger blessings for your future. You're a good man, and it has been an honor watching you grow into that man through all your hard work and posts...you have such astounding intensity and drive, you can do anything!!! Maybe the homestead is a little run down at the moment, but do you realize how many people you've affected through this site alone? It's much bigger than 2.5 acres I promise you that!!! Rebuild or don't, seeds you've planted are still growing and thriving every day, in our hearts, on our homesteads, in ways you could only imagine, and none of that is gone. I love you youngin!!!! Don't be sad :hugsyou da bestest mean little brother I ever had!! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Borrowed this from another thread....

12705616_1108796889153937_2877781325885479993_n-jpg.1524