Reminiscing on days gone by...

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Youngin, I am proud to have been part of your journey, we've supported each, helped, laughed, and cried together over the years. I have had the privilege to see you grow and mature into the fine young man you are today.

You know my story, I am nowhere near the lifestyle I was 10 years ago. I have come to terms with it. It's been difficult, I will not deny it. You have a long and wonderful life filled with all the opportunities just waiting for you.

Remember Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. I am proud to call you friend. I will finish this post with....
View attachment 3623

hi Jamie :frow :frow

BB- I can say I was immensely impressed by your self sufficient drive at such a young age. You ave learned much in the way of skills, and now have years of experience under your belt. Take that knowledge and experience and run with it!
:weee:celebrate:weee You will go far!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed is right. There are seasons in our lives and this is just a season for you. Lean on the Lord for He cares for you. He knows your heartbreak but this is not the end but a new beginning. Work towards what you want. You have the drive it needs to do this. Like everyone has mentioned you're so very young and have a lot of time.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty much what they said. It sounds like although your family helped you, being self sufficient is your thing, perhaps not theirs. It's easy to keep things going for a season but 3 years after the fact it really shows if things have been followed through on or not. I'll be the first to admit, if my husband wasn't around or able to work on the farm, I wouldn't be able to keep up on a lot of things we have going right now.

Hopefully you will either be able to return and rebuild or start fresh, somewhere new and like has been said above, you have the skills to do it. Maybe your family needs help figuring out the scale of what would work for them, without your help, if you're not going to be there? I don't know his interested they are in a self sufficient lifestyle... Just thoughts.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have your entire future ahead of you. You have skills that others only dream about. I can understand your disappointment, but don't let it get you down. You may want to buy your own place, maybe more land and live the way you want to.

What did you study in school and what is your profession?

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BB-you'll always be the "rich man"....because you know how to fish. "Teach a man to fish......"
Nobody can EVER take those skills away from you.