Repurpose for bib overall shorts!

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I needed a new clothespin bag (the bluebirds built a nest in my old one, so sacrificed to them! Won't leave the new one on the line!!)

I grabbed a pair of bib overall shorts out of the box destined for the thrift store and sewed across the leg openings. Turned, and ta-da!! New clothespin bag! Just hooked over my line and filled with clothespins!

When I carry in the laundry, I just sling it over my shoulder like a purse. Actually, with a little revamping and decor, it could be a cute sling purse for a teen.

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:bow I would never have thought of that... great ideal Stonehaven

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
No picture, as my dinosaur dial up won't let me upload! :( I can take a picture later and email to you, though, if you like. Now, keep in mind it was just a quickie stitch job...nothing fancy!! Didn't do it with posting on a site in mind!!

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
jfarms said:
:bow I would never have thought of that... great ideal Stonehaven
Thank you! Isn't it funny how often it's the
"DUH!" ideas that strike us!?! I kept thinking...I need a new bag...I need a new bag...and all the time, the pair of shorts was right in plain view!! Little effort and energy and I had my new bag!
My forehead should be bright red from all the smacks I give myself!!! Could be the reason for my daily headaches!!! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

We promise not to make fun of your stitch job :D

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I'd like to see the pic of the bluebirds in the old bag, too! :cool:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

Yeah! That too. Email them to me and I will post them.

StonehavenFarm83

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I will try to do that later today or tomorrow. The babies flew the coop the other day, but my friend has a picture of the previous batch of babies....Will see if she kept it on her computer... I DO have a picture I snapped of the mama sitting on the nest, but it's a little blurry...Will email that one...
Haven't snapped a pic of the bag yet.
Thought of it yesterday when hanging out the laundry, but didn't want you all to see my granny bloomers blowing in the wind!!!! :D