Rescanning coconut milk

Bethany84

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
I am wondering about recanning (pressure canning) coconut milk. I bought those big cans to save money with the thought of recanning it into jelly jars, as that is the size most of my recipes need. I was wondering if anyone had done this or could see a problem here??

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here are some articles on freezing coconut milk:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freeze drying something primarily fat sounds so strange to me. if i wanted the coconut flavor in a dry form i think i would just end up using coconut flour. i dunno. i'm just pondering here... :)

good luck!

my favorite use of coconut milk is in Thai soups/stews/curries (often along with some soy or almond milk). as i can never have too much of those a large can would work just fine for me.

after making the soups i suppose they could all then be portioned out and frozen but for the life of me i can't imagine me liking the result of that nearly as much as just eating it all up over several days.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Recanning isn't approved by NCHFP. I would freeze it. Or buy dehydrated coconut milk - that's more economical than the little cans but I don't know compared to a large can.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
...Or you could just make it as you need it...

Latest posts