Reunion - Welcome back everyone!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh we all got into fermenting feeds and everything at one point. There were some amazing discussions on fermenting and the health benefits for animals and us too!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh and all I have I said my cell too and yeah...pretty much everything sucks lol...can't figure out anything... tried to PM someone and wound up posting on their profile page instead, but I got that figured out now

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's awesome. I will start/revive a thread tomorrow. It's late. I need to sleep but the chicks are SO LOUD! Not a fan of brooding in the house but it's cold outside!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah they get stinky quick indoors and the DUST...smh

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes I'm cleaning their brooder pretty much every day and hoping for warmer days ahead!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Heh... and here I've been thinking how much cleaner and nicer these chicks are compared to the ducklings over the last few years...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with that! I had ducks too, so messy!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm getting ducks soon....I think...maybe they'll stay at the pond...

Bruce

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
That's awesome. I will start/revive a thread tomorrow. It's late. I need to sleep but the chicks are SO LOUD! Not a fan of brooding in the house but it's cold outside!
Like I mentioned on BYH, Mama Heating Pad brooding!!!!! Super quiet chicks, sleep in their "cave" all night long. Chitter and chatter during daylight hours, no constant peeping. We had 7 chicks in our bedroom for 6 days and nights 2 weeks ago, they went out last Monday. Never lost 1 minute of sleep. The only inhabitants of the house bothered by them were cats. The bedroom door was shut the whole time and 2 of the cats spend a lot of time on the bed, including most nights.

It has been dropping into the 30s, the chicks are doing just fine in their brooder area of the coop (for those that don't know, it is a converted horse stall in an old barn) with their MHP set at 6. They have never seen ambient air above 70° (we had a hot spell) and are just as actively running around the brooder area as the 7 we got in June 2 years ago that were raised by a broody hen in the same space.