Right Coasters - Batten Down the Hatches

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope everyone is OK. Remember if anyone has damage to buildings, etc... I have tools and will travel. I work cheap to, feed me and I'm a happy camper. I don't ever remember taking a "vacation" all vacations I've taken from work has revolved around getting something done.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am living in that storm! Extremely cold for our area. WIND makes it worse than worse.....it's 4 this AM, winds & storm coming fast. I've been hauling water for days & days as we haven't gotten above freezing enough to allow hoses & spigots to be used. These areas are NOT prepared for these extremes so our roads will be issues for several days as only the main roads & bridges get attention. Rest of us just have to bunker down, stay put.:idunno

I'm ok with hay, feed, shelters....house is ok & plenty of food, water. BUT it is NOT FUN!!!! My generator is in place in case I need to plug in to the meter base plug in (electric co installed) that will keep house functioning -- mainly the well pump!!!

Boots & extra carharts at door....I hate cold & snow.

My farm is located just on the "line" on the weather map that goes from 3-6" into 6-10" -- not wanting any of it!! :old:th

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stay safe and warm east coasters! Other than potential power outages due to wind, I think I'm in the clear on this one. I'm seeing 2-4" and 5-8". Either isn't going to be an issue for us up here. Animals are all inside with plenty of hay, grain and warm water until it's over.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MH, we're on that same line. They're calling for 3-6 inches in Philly, and 4-10 inches closer to the coast. I'm right about at the line.

I've done everything I could to get ready. My problem is I still have to go to the farm to care for my animals. I so want them at home.
I so identify with where you are with your animals. For years we lived in town and had land outside of town. Every day was a trip out to feed/water the horses. I so wanted to look out my back door and see the horses! Finally my dream came through and now I watch them kick up their heels out of my kitchen window.

Dreams do come true.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
225dsk.jpg