Ringworm

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My grandma taught me this one. Use the white sap from an edible fig leaf on it. It will cure up in a few days.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I crushed mustard seed and oil to make a paste, it works too...problem with fig leaves is that we don't have then here I don't think. But if we did it would be alot easier than trying to make mustard seeds into paste!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I was wondering about this too,--I have athletes foot --I know TMI, but its treated the same way as ringworm. We don't have fig leaves here, so wondering what would be the alternative. Would you happen to know the active ingredient that works in this?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Try soaking your feet in vinegar for 20 minutes daily.

or your could paint the areas with gentian violet. Be careful. It stains fabrics and your feet will be blue, but it does wear off.

I used gentian violet mixed with rubbing alcohol and some boric acid to cure a really nasty yeast infection in my dogs ear. Took less than a week. The vet's meds took 6 weeks, $90 and DIDN'T WORK!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
The white sap is latex.
There is a caution about an allergic reaction to sunlight when used on the skin.
It is toxic so shouldn't be used internally, not that it was recommended here, but a FYI.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I used genital violet mixed with rubbing alcohol and some boric acid
lol!

Seriously though, I used gentian violet on my ds when he had thrush. I went to the pharmacy on a friday night--just before close, and the guy working didn't want to get me any of it--wanted me to come back in the morning--cuz he was going out after work, and didn't want to accidentally spill any of it. Stuff is nasty--but it does work. I had completely forgotten about it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ingest olive leaf extract to help rid one of fungal/yeast infections....works wonderfully!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I used genital violet mixed with rubbing alcohol and some boric acid
lol!
:ep
:yuckyuck

Well, there are recipes for its us as a vaginal douche for yeast also!:D

Latest posts