Roasted tater recipe :)

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ingredients

1 1/2 lb of new potatoes (red or yellow skinned), cleaned, cut in half or quarters
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Method

1 Preheat oven to 450F. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Add olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated.

2 Spread potatoes out on a single layer of a baking pan. Roast for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and browned. Serve immediately.

Serves 4-6.

I had 3#s (or so SO thought) so I just doubled the recipe, and added some thyme. I also used garlic powder instead of cloves and vegetable oil instead of olive oil because we didn't have any. Also, I still had some raspberrys in a bowl from when I had rinsed them so I put the raspberries in a different bowl, and took the watery juice from the first bowl, added it to the oil in the bowl I had the potatoes in after I put the taters on the sheet, and then shook that all over the taters so we'll see if I can taste it at all :D

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love roasted potatoes!

A variation that we love is to toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings, then cram them onto a baking tray with (skin on) chicken pieces and roast them all together with sprigs of fresh rosemary, sometimes with carrot and parsnip chunks thrown in--the flavours all mingling together are wonderful. :)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
From experience I can say this is a WONDERFUL recipe. Even my husband, who is generally a strict mashed potato guy, asks me to make this. And don't feel you have to be limited to rosemary. Experiment!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We add chunked carrots, onions and fresh mushrooms to this recipe :drool

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am going to make this tonight to go with my caprese salad. Thanks!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Did someone say TATERS? :D

That's pretty much the DW's recipe, except she leaves the skins on the potatoes. :drool

Latest posts