rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I'm probably not going to be making the planter this year. But I do have roughly a 12 by 4 foot space hopefully I can turn in to a garden. winch if I do the gardening in the front and I most likely will I'm planning on doing a 3sisters gardening method. Then have at least one tomato plant.

Last edited:

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I already know that I'm not going to get any tomatoes off of the plant. And I haven't been able to get outside to measure so I can start planning what I want its been raining on and off all day but that's Wyoming for you.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe you can get a short-season tomato plant like Early Girl that grows pretty quickly. We're getting rain in Texas today too.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The problem isn't really the season its more of my son if he sees a tomato that even looks ready he will eat it. He's like me he loves his tomatoes. You can sure tell that he is my son he's just like his momma was when I was his age and he loves horses just like his momma.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So it stopped raining long enough for me to go out and measure the spot I want to put my garden and I can go out up to 7feet. And I was looking at the back of our trailer and I can probably put another small garden back there and not go into the lot next to us
Edited to add I measured and I can do a 18 by 10 feet

Last edited:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I can't say that I blame him--I'll eat a big, ripe tomato too!